Overflowing Reservoirs Jeopardize Bulgaria's Shumen Region
Bulgaria's northeastern Shumen region is at risk of flooding due to the rising levels in several local reservoirs, regional governor Ventsislav Venkov informs.
In an hour the level of the river Kamchiya in Smyadovo has increased by two meters, the reservoir in Aleksandrovo is overflowing, and the reservoir in Kulnovo has overflowed with 80 centimeters. The Kachata reservoir which is side by side with the military factory in Smiadovo might spill over, as well, Venkov told Bulgarian National Radio.
“The Triaditsa reservoir is being gradually drained. We need to inspect the Izbul reservoir, because there was a problem with the dam and it has been spilling water in the direction of the reservoir in Novi Pazar. I hope we will manage the situation,” Venkov explained.
The Golusha dam near Strelcha, Pazardzhik municipality is overflowing, but there is no risk for the nearby villages, the regional fire safety office in Pazardzhik reported.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°