Two Reported Victims of the Floods in Dobrich
At least two are the victims of the floods in the town of Dobrich, north eastern Bulgaria, reports Nova TV national channel.
One of the victims is a woman, found near a high school in the town, while the other is a man, who reportedly drowned in his home.
Dobrich Mayor Detelina Nikolova declared a state of emergency and asked for aid from the state authorities.
Residents in the low-lying areas of the town, which are under at least one meter of water, have been evacuated. Electricity has been cut off.
Nikolova said traffic in and out of town is impossible and the roads are only passable with all-terrain vehicles.
- » Damage after Harmanli Riots Reaches BGN 0.1 M
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Sofia's 1st Living Christmas Tree to Be Lit Up on Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Oblige Telecoms to Give Data on Missing Persons
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017