Two Reported Victims of the Floods in Dobrich
At least two are the victims of the floods in the town of Dobrich, north eastern Bulgaria, reports Nova TV national channel.
One of the victims is a woman, found near a high school in the town, while the other is a man, who reportedly drowned in his home.
Dobrich Mayor Detelina Nikolova declared a state of emergency and asked for aid from the state authorities.
Residents in the low-lying areas of the town, which are under at least one meter of water, have been evacuated. Electricity has been cut off.
Nikolova said traffic in and out of town is impossible and the roads are only passable with all-terrain vehicles.
- » 7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
- » Canadian Soldier Killed in Shooting Near Parliament in Ottawa
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » 200 Bulgarian, Romanian Roma Evicted from Camp in Paris
- » Almost 90% Of Disabled People In Bulgaria Are Jobless
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015