Two Reported Victims of the Floods in Dobrich
At least two are the victims of the floods in the town of Dobrich, north eastern Bulgaria, reports Nova TV national channel.
One of the victims is a woman, found near a high school in the town, while the other is a man, who reportedly drowned in his home.
Dobrich Mayor Detelina Nikolova declared a state of emergency and asked for aid from the state authorities.
Residents in the low-lying areas of the town, which are under at least one meter of water, have been evacuated. Electricity has been cut off.
Nikolova said traffic in and out of town is impossible and the roads are only passable with all-terrain vehicles.
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Snow in Most of Country Wednesday
- » Snow, Wind Warning Issued across Bulgaria
- » Norway’s Oslo Bans Diesel Cars
- » Bulgaria and the Migrant Crisis in Numbers
- » Bird Flu: 63 Locations of Infections in Bulgaria
- » Number of Migrants Seeking Protection in Bulgaria Dropped Further in December