Two Reported Victims of the Floods in Dobrich
At least two are the victims of the floods in the town of Dobrich, north eastern Bulgaria, reports Nova TV national channel.
One of the victims is a woman, found near a high school in the town, while the other is a man, who reportedly drowned in his home.
Dobrich Mayor Detelina Nikolova declared a state of emergency and asked for aid from the state authorities.
Residents in the low-lying areas of the town, which are under at least one meter of water, have been evacuated. Electricity has been cut off.
Nikolova said traffic in and out of town is impossible and the roads are only passable with all-terrain vehicles.
- » The Kindergartens in Varna Offer Free Training in all Kinds of Sports
- » Delays in Distributing Food to Socially Disadvantaged People
- » Incident with Bulgaria's Only "Spartan"
- » New Influenza Virus was Detected in Bulgaria
- » Malaysia Airlines Aircraft Made an Emergency Landing in Australia
- » The Pope Urged for Hospitality Towards Immigrants