New Sofia Metro Section is Half-Ready – Mayor
The Sofia metro section between Tsarigradsko Shosse and the Sofia Airport is half-ready, the mayor of the capital Yordanka Fandakova said Thursday.
By April 2015 passengers will be able to travel along the new section in the Sofia districts of Mladost 4 and Druzhba, Nova Tv reports.
With the launch of the new section next year, the passenger volume is expected to increase by 90 thousand people. Because of the construction of the metro line, some boulevards and small streets in the area have been repaired.
The project is mainly implemented with European funds.
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Cuts 2015 Judiciary Budget Proposal by BGN 80 M
- » Trips by Bulgarians Abroad Dip in October, Foreigners’ Visits Rise
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Invites Deputy to Resign
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Plans Focus on Advertisement, Sustainable Development in 2015
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Conducts Top-level Reshuffle at Several Companies
- » Russia Will Build South Stream if Europe Wants to Reduce Gas Transit Risks - Minister