New Sofia Metro Section is Half-Ready – Mayor
The Sofia metro section between Tsarigradsko Shosse and the Sofia Airport is half-ready, the mayor of the capital Yordanka Fandakova said Thursday.
By April 2015 passengers will be able to travel along the new section in the Sofia districts of Mladost 4 and Druzhba, Nova Tv reports.
With the launch of the new section next year, the passenger volume is expected to increase by 90 thousand people. Because of the construction of the metro line, some boulevards and small streets in the area have been repaired.
The project is mainly implemented with European funds.
- » An Extra Half Degree of Global Warming Could Displace 5 Million People
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
- » Germany Continues to Sell Weapons to Turkey
- » Coca-Cola Hires 130 People for its IT Center in Sofia