New Sofia Metro Section is Half-Ready – Mayor
The Sofia metro section between Tsarigradsko Shosse and the Sofia Airport is half-ready, the mayor of the capital Yordanka Fandakova said Thursday.
By April 2015 passengers will be able to travel along the new section in the Sofia districts of Mladost 4 and Druzhba, Nova Tv reports.
With the launch of the new section next year, the passenger volume is expected to increase by 90 thousand people. Because of the construction of the metro line, some boulevards and small streets in the area have been repaired.
The project is mainly implemented with European funds.
- » Die Presse: 'New Signs of Life' for South Stream from Bulgaria
- » Too Early for EU Response on Bulgaria's 'Gas Hub' Idea - Commission VP Georgieva
- » Bulgaria Air in Codeshare Deal with Germany's airberlin
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit
- » Fitch Maintains Bulgaria’s Credit Rating At ‘BBB-‘ With Stable Outlook
- » Austria’s BauMax Sells Bulgaria Unit for Token EUR 1