New Sofia Metro Section is Half-Ready – Mayor
The Sofia metro section between Tsarigradsko Shosse and the Sofia Airport is half-ready, the mayor of the capital Yordanka Fandakova said Thursday.
By April 2015 passengers will be able to travel along the new section in the Sofia districts of Mladost 4 and Druzhba, Nova Tv reports.
With the launch of the new section next year, the passenger volume is expected to increase by 90 thousand people. Because of the construction of the metro line, some boulevards and small streets in the area have been repaired.
The project is mainly implemented with European funds.
- » Bulgaria Unveils Investment Opportunities to China’s Qingdao City Govt
- » Launch of Power Exchange Will Not Lead to 30-40% Price Spike – Watchdog Chair
- » Bulgaria Ranked 55th Out of 61 Competitive Economies
- » OMV Interested in Using Bulgarian Pipes to Transport Romanian Gas
- » Bulgarians Made More Business, Holiday Trips Abroad in April
- » Macedonia Will Only Join Turkish Stream amid Agreement between Russia, EU on it - Gruevski