Foreign Investors Interested in Railway Renovation Projects, Seaport
Chinese-Turkish and French companies are interested in railway renovation projects and the concession of Port Varna, said Transport Minister Danail Papazov.
At a hearing on the risks for the EU programme fund for transport, Papazov told the parliamentary committee on European matters that the companies have an interest in taking on concession the entire port, rather than separate terminals.
The railway renovation projects, in which the companies are interested, are for the stretches Varna-Ruse and Karnobat-Sindel.
According to Papazov, there was no risk of losing funding from the transport programme, but there were risky projects. - The railway stretch Septemvri – Plovdiv and Parvomai – Svilengrad, as well as Lot 1 and 2 of Maritsa Highway and Lot 2 and 4 of Struma Highway.
- » Bulgaria's FLAG Fund Restarts Payments under Projects Using "Environment" OP Funding
- » Minimum Wage Hike from BGN 340 to BGN 400 Will Not Hit Business Sector - Minister
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Slashes BGN 500M Public Investment Program by BGN 150M
- » Asarel Investment Gets Metallic Mineral Prospecting Permit for Borimechkovo
- » Europe to Rely Heavily on Russian Gas Until 2020 at Least, Fitch Says
- » Bulgaria's Imports from Russia Down 23% in H1, 2014