Foreign Investors Interested in Railway Renovation Projects, Seaport
Chinese-Turkish and French companies are interested in railway renovation projects and the concession of Port Varna, said Transport Minister Danail Papazov.
At a hearing on the risks for the EU programme fund for transport, Papazov told the parliamentary committee on European matters that the companies have an interest in taking on concession the entire port, rather than separate terminals.
The railway renovation projects, in which the companies are interested, are for the stretches Varna-Ruse and Karnobat-Sindel.
According to Papazov, there was no risk of losing funding from the transport programme, but there were risky projects. - The railway stretch Septemvri – Plovdiv and Parvomai – Svilengrad, as well as Lot 1 and 2 of Maritsa Highway and Lot 2 and 4 of Struma Highway.
- » Sofia National Palace of Culture Acknowledged by the International Association of Convention
- » Transport Workers Gather at Kulata Checkpoint to Protest, No Border Blockade
- » Bulgarians Traveled Mostly to Italy and Greece in April
- » Moody’s: Bulgaria Credit Rating with Stable Outlook
- » The Specialised Anticorruption Unit of Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office Charges Agriculture Ministry Official with Breach of Duty
- » Computer Problems Cause Flight Delays: British Airways