Foreign Investors Interested in Railway Renovation Projects, Seaport
Chinese-Turkish and French companies are interested in railway renovation projects and the concession of Port Varna, said Transport Minister Danail Papazov.
At a hearing on the risks for the EU programme fund for transport, Papazov told the parliamentary committee on European matters that the companies have an interest in taking on concession the entire port, rather than separate terminals.
The railway renovation projects, in which the companies are interested, are for the stretches Varna-Ruse and Karnobat-Sindel.
According to Papazov, there was no risk of losing funding from the transport programme, but there were risky projects. - The railway stretch Septemvri – Plovdiv and Parvomai – Svilengrad, as well as Lot 1 and 2 of Maritsa Highway and Lot 2 and 4 of Struma Highway.
- » Bulgarian Regional Minister: Section of Struma Motorway to be Launched on Friday
- » Energy Watchdog Chair – Further Postponement of New Power Prices Is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s May Gross Foreign Debt Down 4% from 2014
- » Industry, Retail Lead Drop in Bulgaria’s Business Confidence Index
- » Majority Stake in Bulgarian Software Company Fadata Bought by British Insurance Co, US PE Firm
- » Bulgarian Employers, Trade Unions to Protest Planned Power Price Hike