Foreign Investors Interested in Railway Renovation Projects, Seaport
Chinese-Turkish and French companies are interested in railway renovation projects and the concession of Port Varna, said Transport Minister Danail Papazov.
At a hearing on the risks for the EU programme fund for transport, Papazov told the parliamentary committee on European matters that the companies have an interest in taking on concession the entire port, rather than separate terminals.
The railway renovation projects, in which the companies are interested, are for the stretches Varna-Ruse and Karnobat-Sindel.
According to Papazov, there was no risk of losing funding from the transport programme, but there were risky projects. - The railway stretch Septemvri – Plovdiv and Parvomai – Svilengrad, as well as Lot 1 and 2 of Maritsa Highway and Lot 2 and 4 of Struma Highway.
- » Turnover at Greek Referendum Likely to Exceed 40% Threshold
- » Greece Will Need Another Currency if ‘No’ Vote Prevails in Referendum – Martin Schulz
- » Moody’s Downgrades DSK and Raiffeisen Banks
- » Bulgarian Village Lozen Suffers Unannounced Electricity Disruptions
- » Sofia’s Airport Takes Measures to Battle Illegal Taxis
- » ECB 'to Extend Backstop to Bulgaria' over Greece Crisis