Foreign Investors Interested in Railway Renovation Projects, Seaport
Chinese-Turkish and French companies are interested in railway renovation projects and the concession of Port Varna, said Transport Minister Danail Papazov.
At a hearing on the risks for the EU programme fund for transport, Papazov told the parliamentary committee on European matters that the companies have an interest in taking on concession the entire port, rather than separate terminals.
The railway renovation projects, in which the companies are interested, are for the stretches Varna-Ruse and Karnobat-Sindel.
According to Papazov, there was no risk of losing funding from the transport programme, but there were risky projects. - The railway stretch Septemvri – Plovdiv and Parvomai – Svilengrad, as well as Lot 1 and 2 of Maritsa Highway and Lot 2 and 4 of Struma Highway.
- » Bulgaria Coalition Member Demands FinMin's Resignation over New Debt
- » Bulgaria’s Gross External Debt Exceeded EUR 39.5 B in end-December 2014
- » Bulgaria’s Banking System Posts January Profit of BGN 121 M
- » More Bulgarians Went on Business Trips, Holidays Abroad in January
- » EVN Proposes Rise in Electricity Prices of 6.98%
- » Uber Bulgaria To Be Investigated by Authorities