Foreign Investors Interested in Railway Renovation Projects, Seaport
Chinese-Turkish and French companies are interested in railway renovation projects and the concession of Port Varna, said Transport Minister Danail Papazov.
At a hearing on the risks for the EU programme fund for transport, Papazov told the parliamentary committee on European matters that the companies have an interest in taking on concession the entire port, rather than separate terminals.
The railway renovation projects, in which the companies are interested, are for the stretches Varna-Ruse and Karnobat-Sindel.
According to Papazov, there was no risk of losing funding from the transport programme, but there were risky projects. - The railway stretch Septemvri – Plovdiv and Parvomai – Svilengrad, as well as Lot 1 and 2 of Maritsa Highway and Lot 2 and 4 of Struma Highway.
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Improves in June
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Reaches EUR 35.4 B at End-April 2016
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator Endorses Proposed 9.97% Cut in Gas Price for Q3 2016
- » 340 Danube Cruises to Pass Through Bulgaria's Ruse This Tourist Season
- » Bulgaria, US to Hold Joint Anti-Drug, Counter-Terrorism Training
- » Gazprom Ready for Turkish Stream Talks after Turkish Apology