Foreign Investors Interested in Railway Renovation Projects, Seaport
Chinese-Turkish and French companies are interested in railway renovation projects and the concession of Port Varna, said Transport Minister Danail Papazov.
At a hearing on the risks for the EU programme fund for transport, Papazov told the parliamentary committee on European matters that the companies have an interest in taking on concession the entire port, rather than separate terminals.
The railway renovation projects, in which the companies are interested, are for the stretches Varna-Ruse and Karnobat-Sindel.
According to Papazov, there was no risk of losing funding from the transport programme, but there were risky projects. - The railway stretch Septemvri – Plovdiv and Parvomai – Svilengrad, as well as Lot 1 and 2 of Maritsa Highway and Lot 2 and 4 of Struma Highway.
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Starting EU's Energy Union From Balkans
- » ThyssenKrupp Considers Expanding Its Business in Bulgaria
- » Russia Is Strategic Partner in Tourism for Bulgaria, Angelkova Tells TASS
- » Free Map of Wine Routes Guides Tourists in Bulgaria's Melnik Region
- » Bulgarian GDP in Last Quarter of 2015 Increased by 3.1 % Y/Y
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Voted 3rd in European Best Destinations Ranking