Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » March to Begin with Spring-Like Temperatures after Cold Snap
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects
- » Free Public Transport Options to Be Discussed in Days - Sofia Mayor
- » Bulgaria among World's Most Toxic Countries - Study
- » Bulgaria Braces for New Cold Snap on Tuesday