Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains