Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Authorities in Bali Have Raised Alert Levels for a Volcanic Eruption
- » Hurricane Maria Makes Landfall in Puerto Rico
- » Hurricane Maria Hit Puerto Rico
- » NIMH: Short Rains with Thunders in Some Areas, Hails are Possible
- » Hurricane Maria Regains Strength After Battering Dominica
- » Paris Climate Aim 'Still Achievable'