Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday