Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Three Minor Earthquakes Hit Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
- » Lab Tests Show Radioactivity in Water Pipe in SW Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
- » Bulgarian Tourism Organizations Sign Environment Protection Memorandum