Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
- » Farmer Market Fest Showcases Organic Food
- » 3.2-Magnitude Earthquake Registered 80km Away from Smolyan
- » Bulgaria’s Radomir Votes in Referendum on Gold Mining
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years