Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 14 M for Natural Disaster Relief
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded