Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels