Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Maximum Temperatures in Bulgaria Reaching 37° C
- » Pazardzhik Landfill Poses Danger of Road Accidents
- » Bulgaria's Environment Minister Calls for Imposing Stricter Fines on Oil Spills
- » Southern Bulgaria Submerged in Floods Caused by Torrential Rains
- » Pope's Climate Change Encyclical Leaves Politicians, Businesses Divided
- » Thunderstorms, Possible Hails Expected Across Bulgaria