Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain