Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Bulgarian TPP Carries Highest Pollution Cost in Europe
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers
- » EU’s Finance Ministers to Approve Flood Aid of EUR 10 M for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains Become Part Of Rewilding Europe Initiative