Parliament Appoints New Environment Minister
Bulgaria's Parliament appointed on Thursday Stanislav Anastasov as Minister of Environment and Waters.
He is to replace outgoing minister Iskra Mihailova who becomes an MEP on the ballot of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Anastasov, 31, is also of the DPS. He was sworn in and would most likely have the position for about a month, as the Government of Plamen Oresharski is expected to resign by end of July.
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains