Tsvetan Vasilev: Delyan Peevski Went Too Far
Bulgarian banker Tsvetan Vasilev said that Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) MP Delyan Peevski has “gone too far in the past year, assuming the role of almighty”.
Vasilev, a major shareholder in Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), commented on the events of the past week, when 3 people were arrested in connection with a plot to assassinate Peevski, which was said to have been ordered by the banker himself. Later, the Prosecution released the 3 men, claiming it had “no facts to prove their guilt”.
“The current developments show that all the rumors about my connections with Peevski are a myth. Mr. Peevski has always had his own separate path in life. However, in the past year he has gone too far, to the point that he sees himself as a ruler of the country”, Vasilev said in an interview for bTV.
As an example, the banker claimed that “marionettes of Peevski” are distributing among themselves all the major construction projects in the country. Vasilev also denied allegations that he has used state funds to finance projects linked to Peevski.
With regards to Nikolay Barekov’s “Bulgaria without Censorship” party, Vasilev admitted that he had financed his reality show in TV7, but not his political campaign.
- » GERB to Win Most Votes in Next Election – IMP Poll
- » Georgi Bliznashki 'Agreed in Principle' to Be in Interim Gov't
- » Bulgaria's President to Ask DPS to Form New Cabinet 'Wednesday'
- » Bulgaria's DPS 'Might Keep Gov't Mandate' - Socialist Group Chair
- » Mikov’s Election to Cement Status Quo at BSP - Analysts
- » Former President's Party 'Ready for Talks' with BSP