Tsvetan Vasilev: Delyan Peevski Went Too Far
Bulgarian banker Tsvetan Vasilev said that Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) MP Delyan Peevski has “gone too far in the past year, assuming the role of almighty”.
Vasilev, a major shareholder in Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), commented on the events of the past week, when 3 people were arrested in connection with a plot to assassinate Peevski, which was said to have been ordered by the banker himself. Later, the Prosecution released the 3 men, claiming it had “no facts to prove their guilt”.
“The current developments show that all the rumors about my connections with Peevski are a myth. Mr. Peevski has always had his own separate path in life. However, in the past year he has gone too far, to the point that he sees himself as a ruler of the country”, Vasilev said in an interview for bTV.
As an example, the banker claimed that “marionettes of Peevski” are distributing among themselves all the major construction projects in the country. Vasilev also denied allegations that he has used state funds to finance projects linked to Peevski.
With regards to Nikolay Barekov’s “Bulgaria without Censorship” party, Vasilev admitted that he had financed his reality show in TV7, but not his political campaign.
- » National Security Head: No Direct Terror Threat to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Labor Minister to Push for Minimum Wage Hike
- » Bulgarian Nationalists Threaten Gov't over Appointment of Sofia Governor
- » Ivaylo Kalfin Appointed Chair of National Council for Tripartite Cooperation
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Dismisses Nearly All District Governors
- » Bulgaria Deputy DefMin 'Threat to National Security' - Patriotic Front