Government Nominates Irina Bokova for UN Head
Bulgaria's Government decided to nominate current UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova for UN Secretary-General, reports news.bg.
If elected, Bokova will hold the position from January 1 2017 to December 2022, said the Council of Ministers.
“The international prestige Bokova has as a UNESCO Director-General, gives Bulgaria all reasons to present her candidacy for UN Secretary-General,” said the Government press office.
Bokova, who is also a former Ambassador to France and Minister of Foreign Affairs, is the first woman to head UNESCO.
- » Putin's Visit in Bulgaria will be Postponed for after March 2018
- » Theresa May goes on an Unexpected Visit to Brussels
- » Boris Johnson tells Zaharieva: 'I am Sure Bulgarian EU Presidency will be Very Successful'
- » Bulgaria’s Head of State Held Talks with the President of Azerbaijan
- » From January 1, 2018, there is going to be a Direct Flight Connection between Sofia and Baku
- » Head of State Rumen Radev is on an Official Visit to the Republic of Azerbaijan