Unemployment Falls to 11.2% in May, Bulgarian Employment Agency
Bulgaria's National Employment Agency has registered an 11.2% unemployment rate in May, which is 0.6% lower than the April figure.
This is the second consecutive month when the rate falls, after it stood at 12.2% during the January – March period, Investor.bg reported. However, compared to the same time last year, it is 0.2% higher.
There were 367,499 people registered in the labor bureaus in May, which is 19,126 less than in April. The newly registered unemployed have also fallen by 11,828.
There is a 25.9% increase in the number of young people who have applied in the bureaus, but this is attributed to the increased informational campaigns about youth employment programs and EU initiatives.
The biggest job openings have come in the manufacturing and trade sectors, while hotels and restaurants are naturally approaching their peak season, which brings about increased demand for staff. Construction businesses, meanwhile, have opened the least amount of new vacancies.
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev