Pironkova Loses in Eastbourne First Round
Bulgarian Tsvetana Pironkova lost in the first round of the Aegon International in Eastbourne, 6:3, 5:7, 2:6 against Heather Watson of the UK.
After a strong start, Pironkova took the first set rather comfortably. In the second, the Bulgarian fell behind 0:2, but was able to turn things around, winning 3 straight games. Serving at 5:5, Pironkova allowed a break, which gave momentum to her opponent, who equalized the sets.
In the decider, the Brit, ranked 70th in the world, cruised to a 4:0 lead, which she didn't let slip in the remainder of the match.
This was Pironkova's first match on grass courts this season, ahead of the upcoming Wimbledon Grand Slam.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Reaches Australian Open Quarter-Finals
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Gasquet in 3rd Round of Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Australian Open's 3rd Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Makes It Past 1st Round at Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face World's No 231 in 1st Australian Open Game
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking