Bulgaria's Major Rivers Still At Risk of Possible Overflowing
The warning of dangerous overflowing of Bulgaria's Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra rivers is still valid for the next few days.
Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters has already warned of possible overflowing of major rivers flowing through the northern part of the country, Tuesday.
Due to the expected heavy rains in the upcoming days, the rivers Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra – tributaries of the Danube – might overflow and cause floods, said the ministry, quoting the European Flooding Awareness System (EFAS).
The heavy hail and downpours have flooded villages in the southern Bulgarian Smolyan region, causing serious damage and almost entirely destroying all crops. Dozens of houses were flooded.
The pouring rain in northeastern Shumen region has brought a 4-meter-high wave sweeping across a local village, Nova Tv reports.
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C