Bulgaria's Major Rivers Still At Risk of Possible Overflowing
The warning of dangerous overflowing of Bulgaria's Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra rivers is still valid for the next few days.
Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters has already warned of possible overflowing of major rivers flowing through the northern part of the country, Tuesday.
Due to the expected heavy rains in the upcoming days, the rivers Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra – tributaries of the Danube – might overflow and cause floods, said the ministry, quoting the European Flooding Awareness System (EFAS).
The heavy hail and downpours have flooded villages in the southern Bulgarian Smolyan region, causing serious damage and almost entirely destroying all crops. Dozens of houses were flooded.
The pouring rain in northeastern Shumen region has brought a 4-meter-high wave sweeping across a local village, Nova Tv reports.
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped
- » Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind in 12 Regions In Bulgaria
- » The Temperatures Go Up
- » Today We Celebrate The World Earth Day