Bulgaria's Major Rivers Still At Risk of Possible Overflowing
The warning of dangerous overflowing of Bulgaria's Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra rivers is still valid for the next few days.
Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters has already warned of possible overflowing of major rivers flowing through the northern part of the country, Tuesday.
Due to the expected heavy rains in the upcoming days, the rivers Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra – tributaries of the Danube – might overflow and cause floods, said the ministry, quoting the European Flooding Awareness System (EFAS).
The heavy hail and downpours have flooded villages in the southern Bulgarian Smolyan region, causing serious damage and almost entirely destroying all crops. Dozens of houses were flooded.
The pouring rain in northeastern Shumen region has brought a 4-meter-high wave sweeping across a local village, Nova Tv reports.
- » Heavy Rain, Expected in Bulgaria on Tuesday, Hail Possible
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Wind Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow in Northern Bulgaria over Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria's MPs Revoke Ban on Beach Camping
- » Lukoil Bulgaria Refinery to Get Fined over Air Pollution