Overloaded Boat Sinks Off Malaysia, Dozens Feared Dead
An illegal boat carrying 97 people from Indonesia has sunk off the western coast of Malaysia and at least 42 of the passengers are missing, Tuesday.
Some 31 passengers had been rescued, according to reports of the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency.
The passengers included women and children and were suspected of trying to reach Malaysia illegally, according to international media reports. One boat had been sent to the area to search for survivors and two more will soon follow.
The boat has sunk around midnight on Tuesday about 3km off the coastal town of Banting on the Strait of Malacca.
- » US Military Delegation Visiting Macedonia
- » Germany's Top Prosecutor Sacked over Treason Probe Row
- » Four Confirmed Dead, One Missing after Macedonia Floods
- » US President Unveils Clean Power Plan to Beat Climate Change
- » 5 People Killed in Floods in Macedonia - Report
- » Romania’s Petrotel Lukoil Refinery Indicted for Money Laundering