Overloaded Boat Sinks Off Malaysia, Dozens Feared Dead
An illegal boat carrying 97 people from Indonesia has sunk off the western coast of Malaysia and at least 42 of the passengers are missing, Tuesday.
Some 31 passengers had been rescued, according to reports of the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency.
The passengers included women and children and were suspected of trying to reach Malaysia illegally, according to international media reports. One boat had been sent to the area to search for survivors and two more will soon follow.
The boat has sunk around midnight on Tuesday about 3km off the coastal town of Banting on the Strait of Malacca.
- » Serbia Offers to Sell Tanjug News Agency for EUR 760,935
- » EU May Unemployment Rate Falls to 9.6%
- » Varoufakis Confirms Greece Unable to Make IMF Debt Payment
- » More than Hundred Feared Dead After Military Plane Crashes in Indonesia
- » New EU Logo to Protect Online Shoppers from Buying Fake Medicines
- » Tsipras Ready to Submit Resignation Following Greek Referendum Results