'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Breaks Viewer Record
HBO's blood-drenched “Game of Thrones” fantasy series rounded up 7.1 M total viewers for its Season 4 finale on Sunday in the US, according to Nielsen.
That was a 32% climb from the third-season ender a year ago and easily the biggest season finale yet for “Game of Thrones”, which is an adaptation of George R.R. Martin's fantasy novel series “Song of Ice and Fire”.
The first-season ender back in 2011 delivered barely 3 M.
When two additional plays Sunday night are thrown in, the total audience for the finale rose to 9.3 M.
HBO recently proclaimed “Game of Thrones” the most popular series in the history of the premium cable network, surpassing even the acclaimed mob drama "The Sopranos."
- » Whitesnake Embarks on Purple Tour, to Visit Bulgaria in November
- » Bulgaria Emerging from Isolation, PM Says in Louvre
- » Anastacia Expected in Sofia Prior to First Ever Concert in Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Thracian Treasures from Bulgaria to Open in Louvre
- » Bulgarian Wins Mural Art Competition in Australia’s Sheffield
- » Bulgarian Folklore Tradition: Every House With New Clay Pot on Good Friday