Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Floods in Northern Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters warned of possible overflowing of major rivers flowing through the northern part of the country.
Due to the expected heavy rains in the upcoming days, the rivers Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra – tributaries of the Danube – might overflow and cause floods, said the ministry, quoting the European Flooding Awareness System (EFAS).
On June 20-21 Ogosta is expected to reach the critical purple alert. On the same dates Iskar and Yantra are expected to reach the red level.
Weather forecasts for this week are for heavy rains on Wednesday and Thursday.
- » Expected December Temperatures Around Norm, Snow Likely For Christmas
- » Bulgaria Lacks Official Data On Correlation Air Pollution - Health
- » Bulgarian TPP Carries Highest Pollution Cost in Europe
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers