Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Floods in Northern Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters warned of possible overflowing of major rivers flowing through the northern part of the country.
Due to the expected heavy rains in the upcoming days, the rivers Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra – tributaries of the Danube – might overflow and cause floods, said the ministry, quoting the European Flooding Awareness System (EFAS).
On June 20-21 Ogosta is expected to reach the critical purple alert. On the same dates Iskar and Yantra are expected to reach the red level.
Weather forecasts for this week are for heavy rains on Wednesday and Thursday.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures