Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Floods in Northern Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters warned of possible overflowing of major rivers flowing through the northern part of the country.
Due to the expected heavy rains in the upcoming days, the rivers Ogosta, Iskar and Yantra – tributaries of the Danube – might overflow and cause floods, said the ministry, quoting the European Flooding Awareness System (EFAS).
On June 20-21 Ogosta is expected to reach the critical purple alert. On the same dates Iskar and Yantra are expected to reach the red level.
Weather forecasts for this week are for heavy rains on Wednesday and Thursday.
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded
- » 21 Pelicans Found Dead at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve