Bulgarian Orthodox Church Condemns Sofia Gay Pride 2014
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church demanded the cancellation of the Sofia Pride 2014 gay parade, due to take place this Saturday.
In a statement the Church urged the state and city institutions, as well as the organizers of the event, to cancel “this march of proud sin” and the accompanying events and exhibitions, because of their “unnatural and dissolute nature”.
“Our Orthodox conscience cannot accept events, organized under the slogan “Against the rules”, because they mutilate the human being,” reads the statement. “They are a danger to the good upbringing of our children, destroy the foundations of the traditional family and threaten the good health of our society.”
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Second Edition of Morocco Days in Bulgaria Begins in Sofia on November 30
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Bulgaria 'Should Accept More Migrants' to Overcome Demographic Crisis
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Passengers Wait for Hours on Planes at Plovdiv Airport