Bulgarian Orthodox Church Condemns Sofia Gay Pride 2014
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church demanded the cancellation of the Sofia Pride 2014 gay parade, due to take place this Saturday.
In a statement the Church urged the state and city institutions, as well as the organizers of the event, to cancel “this march of proud sin” and the accompanying events and exhibitions, because of their “unnatural and dissolute nature”.
“Our Orthodox conscience cannot accept events, organized under the slogan “Against the rules”, because they mutilate the human being,” reads the statement. “They are a danger to the good upbringing of our children, destroy the foundations of the traditional family and threaten the good health of our society.”
- » Painter Salvador Dali's Body to be Exhumed For Paternity Suit
- » Yellow Code for Heat in 16 Regions, Thunders Expected in 10
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer