Bulgarian Orthodox Church Condemns Sofia Gay Pride 2014
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church demanded the cancellation of the Sofia Pride 2014 gay parade, due to take place this Saturday.
In a statement the Church urged the state and city institutions, as well as the organizers of the event, to cancel “this march of proud sin” and the accompanying events and exhibitions, because of their “unnatural and dissolute nature”.
“Our Orthodox conscience cannot accept events, organized under the slogan “Against the rules”, because they mutilate the human being,” reads the statement. “They are a danger to the good upbringing of our children, destroy the foundations of the traditional family and threaten the good health of our society.”
- » Parliament Passes At First Reading NZOK Budget Update
- » August in Bulgaria: Rain In the West, Sun At the Seaside
- » Roma Protesters End Railroad Blockade in Sofia
- » Village near Stara Zagora Holds Sod-Turning Event for Waste Plant
- » Gela Bagpipe Contest to Take Place This Weekend
- » Bulgaria's Ancient City of Perperikon Excavations Funding Trimmed