Bulgarian Orthodox Church Condemns Sofia Gay Pride 2014
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church demanded the cancellation of the Sofia Pride 2014 gay parade, due to take place this Saturday.
In a statement the Church urged the state and city institutions, as well as the organizers of the event, to cancel “this march of proud sin” and the accompanying events and exhibitions, because of their “unnatural and dissolute nature”.
“Our Orthodox conscience cannot accept events, organized under the slogan “Against the rules”, because they mutilate the human being,” reads the statement. “They are a danger to the good upbringing of our children, destroy the foundations of the traditional family and threaten the good health of our society.”
- » A Man Driving Stolen Vehicle Crashed into an Airport near Reykjavik
- » 49 Years Since Tanks Rolled in to End Prague Spring
- » Nationalists Attacked a Mosque in Granada
- » A Specialized Team in Burgas Destroyed the Naval Mine Near the 'Coral' Beach
- » English Tourist Died after Falling from the Third Floor of a Hotel in Sunny Beach
- » NASA Plans to Make Oxygen From Atmosphere on Mars