Bulgarian Orthodox Church Condemns Sofia Gay Pride 2014
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church demanded the cancellation of the Sofia Pride 2014 gay parade, due to take place this Saturday.
In a statement the Church urged the state and city institutions, as well as the organizers of the event, to cancel “this march of proud sin” and the accompanying events and exhibitions, because of their “unnatural and dissolute nature”.
“Our Orthodox conscience cannot accept events, organized under the slogan “Against the rules”, because they mutilate the human being,” reads the statement. “They are a danger to the good upbringing of our children, destroy the foundations of the traditional family and threaten the good health of our society.”
- » Fifteen Dead After Bulgarian Ammo Plant Explosion - Officials
- » 'New Product' Tested at Midzhur Ammo Plant on Day of Explosion
- » Bulgaria Declares October 3 National Day of Mourning over Ammo Plant Blast
- » Chief Prosecutor to Personally Investigate Gorni Lom Ammo Plant Blast
- » Specially Equipped Team to Enter Site of Explosion in NW Bulgaria
- » Explosion-Hit Explosives Plant in NW Bulgaria Functioned Despite Numerous Penalty Notices