Bulgarian Orthodox Church Condemns Sofia Gay Pride 2014
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church demanded the cancellation of the Sofia Pride 2014 gay parade, due to take place this Saturday.
In a statement the Church urged the state and city institutions, as well as the organizers of the event, to cancel “this march of proud sin” and the accompanying events and exhibitions, because of their “unnatural and dissolute nature”.
“Our Orthodox conscience cannot accept events, organized under the slogan “Against the rules”, because they mutilate the human being,” reads the statement. “They are a danger to the good upbringing of our children, destroy the foundations of the traditional family and threaten the good health of our society.”
- » Recorded Earthquake in Ohrid
- » Silver Treasure Found near Bulgaria’s Mezdra
- » Egyptian and Czech Archaeologists have Discovered Remnants of a Temple of Ramesses II
- » Portugal is in National Mourning for the 36 Victims of Forest Fires
- » The Health Fund has Voted a BGN 400 Million Increase in the Budget for Next Year
- » Fine for Dropping Cigarette Buds and Other Small Trash on the Ground in Plovdiv