Large Amount of Undeclared Cash Seized At Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Bulgarian customs officers have seized undeclared EUR 57,080 or some BGN 111 thousand at checkpoint Lesovo from a truck with Turkish registration, the Customs agency informed.
The truck was traveling from Bulgaria to Turkey, the driver – a Turkish citizen claimed there was nothing to declare, however the customs inspection found over EUR 57 thousand hidden inside the vehicle.
The money allegedly belongs to a transport company. Pretrial proceedings have been launched against the driver of the truck.
Two other attempts at smuggling undeclared currency were prevented by the customs officers at Malko Tarnovo checkpoint. A total of EUR 34,900 undeclared cash has been seized. The perpetrators are two Bulgarian citizens traveling by car.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA