Large Amount of Undeclared Cash Seized At Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Bulgarian customs officers have seized undeclared EUR 57,080 or some BGN 111 thousand at checkpoint Lesovo from a truck with Turkish registration, the Customs agency informed.
The truck was traveling from Bulgaria to Turkey, the driver – a Turkish citizen claimed there was nothing to declare, however the customs inspection found over EUR 57 thousand hidden inside the vehicle.
The money allegedly belongs to a transport company. Pretrial proceedings have been launched against the driver of the truck.
Two other attempts at smuggling undeclared currency were prevented by the customs officers at Malko Tarnovo checkpoint. A total of EUR 34,900 undeclared cash has been seized. The perpetrators are two Bulgarian citizens traveling by car.
- » Court Ends Money Laundering Probe against Bulgaria Ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker
- » GERB MP Agrees to Have Immunity Lifted over Investigation
- » Arrested Attacker Confesses to Armed Robbery Attempt in Bulgaria’s Sredetz
- » Two People Killed in Two Separate Incidents in Southern Bulgaria
- » Attempt for Armed Robbery Leaves One Attacker Dead in Bulgaria's Sredets
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015