Large Amount of Undeclared Cash Seized At Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Bulgarian customs officers have seized undeclared EUR 57,080 or some BGN 111 thousand at checkpoint Lesovo from a truck with Turkish registration, the Customs agency informed.
The truck was traveling from Bulgaria to Turkey, the driver – a Turkish citizen claimed there was nothing to declare, however the customs inspection found over EUR 57 thousand hidden inside the vehicle.
The money allegedly belongs to a transport company. Pretrial proceedings have been launched against the driver of the truck.
Two other attempts at smuggling undeclared currency were prevented by the customs officers at Malko Tarnovo checkpoint. A total of EUR 34,900 undeclared cash has been seized. The perpetrators are two Bulgarian citizens traveling by car.
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 22 Afghan Migrants near Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria Sends Two Polish Citizens to Jail for Drug Trafficking