Large Amount of Undeclared Cash Seized At Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Bulgarian customs officers have seized undeclared EUR 57,080 or some BGN 111 thousand at checkpoint Lesovo from a truck with Turkish registration, the Customs agency informed.
The truck was traveling from Bulgaria to Turkey, the driver – a Turkish citizen claimed there was nothing to declare, however the customs inspection found over EUR 57 thousand hidden inside the vehicle.
The money allegedly belongs to a transport company. Pretrial proceedings have been launched against the driver of the truck.
Two other attempts at smuggling undeclared currency were prevented by the customs officers at Malko Tarnovo checkpoint. A total of EUR 34,900 undeclared cash has been seized. The perpetrators are two Bulgarian citizens traveling by car.
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
- » Secretary of Bulgarian Anti-Human Trafficking Commission Charged with Corruption
- » Bulgaria’s Security, Technical OPS Agencies Report Increase in Surveillance Equipment Requests
- » Bulgaria Strategically Situated along Balkan Drug Trafficking Route – US Department of State
- » Bulgaria Seizes 11 Kg Heroin in Serbia-Registered Car