Large Amount of Undeclared Cash Seized At Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Bulgarian customs officers have seized undeclared EUR 57,080 or some BGN 111 thousand at checkpoint Lesovo from a truck with Turkish registration, the Customs agency informed.
The truck was traveling from Bulgaria to Turkey, the driver – a Turkish citizen claimed there was nothing to declare, however the customs inspection found over EUR 57 thousand hidden inside the vehicle.
The money allegedly belongs to a transport company. Pretrial proceedings have been launched against the driver of the truck.
Two other attempts at smuggling undeclared currency were prevented by the customs officers at Malko Tarnovo checkpoint. A total of EUR 34,900 undeclared cash has been seized. The perpetrators are two Bulgarian citizens traveling by car.
- » Man Shot Dead in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Foreign National Finds Dead Body Near Bulgaria's Vidin
- » Czech Shooting ‘Not Terrorist Attack’, Interior Minister Chovanec Says
- » At Least Nine People Killed After Shooting in Czech Republic
- » European Court of Human Rights Rules against Bulgaria in 2 Cases
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 8.7 Kg Heroin in Kosovo-Bound Car