Bulgaria To Host Large-Scale International Air Drills
The European military transport aviation will hold international drills in the airspace of Bulgaria in the period 17 to 26 June, the press center of the Defense Ministry informed.
The drills will involve 19 aircraft from Bulgaria, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, the Czech Republic, Lithuania and Greece, and a total of 800 servicemen. The main objective is to synchronize actions in the conduct of international joint operations in response to crises and to expand the EU's capacity for air transport of troops, weapons and equipment in peacetime.
Among the aircraft to relocate at the airport in Bulgaria's city of Plovdiv are C-130 Hercules, C-27 Spartan, C-297 Casa and C-160 Transall. The drills will include Bulgarian Air Force MiG-29 aircraft, too.
Meanwhile, Sofia will host NATO's Strategic Military Partner Conference 2014 at the level of Chiefs of Defense on June 17-19.
- » Belgian Fighters Escort Russian Bombers Across the North Sea
- » Sweden to Make a State Agency for the Psychosocial Protection of the Population
- » Japan will Join NATO's Center for Cyber-defense in Tallinn
- » France Foils 20 Planned Terror Attacks in 12 Months
- » Xi Jinping Called on the Army to be Ready for War
- » In 2016 the Authorities in Edirne Managed to Capture 50,000 Migrants in an Attempt to Illegally Transfer to Bulgaria and Greece