Bulgaria To Host Large-Scale International Air Drills
The European military transport aviation will hold international drills in the airspace of Bulgaria in the period 17 to 26 June, the press center of the Defense Ministry informed.
The drills will involve 19 aircraft from Bulgaria, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, the Czech Republic, Lithuania and Greece, and a total of 800 servicemen. The main objective is to synchronize actions in the conduct of international joint operations in response to crises and to expand the EU's capacity for air transport of troops, weapons and equipment in peacetime.
Among the aircraft to relocate at the airport in Bulgaria's city of Plovdiv are C-130 Hercules, C-27 Spartan, C-297 Casa and C-160 Transall. The drills will include Bulgarian Air Force MiG-29 aircraft, too.
Meanwhile, Sofia will host NATO's Strategic Military Partner Conference 2014 at the level of Chiefs of Defense on June 17-19.
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Negotiations for Purchase of New Fighter Jets
- » Bulgaria’s Counterterrorism Center to Start Collecting Data on Violent Extremism, Radicalization
- » 14 US Tanks to Hold Military Trainings in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Gov't to Decide on Fighter Jets Acquisition
- » Bulgaria’s Armed Forces Must Be Prepared for Any Type of Threat – Foreign Minister
- » Bulgaria to Host 155-Strong US Marine Corps