Burgas Holds Public Discussion of Black Sea Coast Park Project
A public discussion of the project for the creation of a Black Sea Coast National Park Bulgarian starts at the Burgas Municipality.
The proposal for the park was put forth in 2013 by MPs from the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
The park is to span an area of 52 000 hectares, from Durankulak to Rezovo, and its goal is to preserve precious plant and animal species, underwater caves and dunes, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The NGO sector has opposed the proposal on the grounds that the implementation of the project will impose a moratorium on hundreds of thousands of decares and will necessitate the expropriation of private property.
The Tsarevo Municipality also opposed the idea, with environmentalists suggesting that the inclusion of terrains with different ownership will create problems at an initial stage of the project.
They also claim that the fragmentation of the park makes it difficult to manage.
Public discussions of the Black Sea Coast National Park project will also be held in Varna on Thursday and in Dobrich on Friday.
- » Yellow Code For Intensive Rains and Thunders For 7 Regions
- » Yellow Code Announced for 7 Districts in Bulgaria Over Intense Rain
- » Many Clouds, Short Rains in Many Places in the Afternoon, with Thunders
- » Intensive Rains in Some Areas, Hailstorms Possible
- » NIMH: Short Rains with Thunders in the Afternoon
- » Weak Earthquake Registered Nearby Devin