Bulgarian Stock Breeders Hold Protest in Sofia
Livestock breeders from across Bulgaria are organizing a protest in the center of Sofia on Tuesday, against undelivered promises from the Ministry of Agriculture.
They are demanding the transfer of payments under a state aid program, which have been delayed. Meanwhile, the Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov pointed out that the government had paid BGN 15 M to the breeders over the past month.
Breeders first alarmed about problems in their sector in the fall of 2013, when they staged a series of road blockades, some of which ended in clashes with the police.
The most recent protest was on June 6, when they blocked the E-79 road near Dupnitsa.
- » Woman Finds Live Worms in Cookie Package
- » Bulgaria Ready to Support International Criminal Court – Chief Prosecutor
- » BAS To Investigate UFO Claims
- » Sixth Edition Of 'Northern Lights' Festival For Nordic Cinema
- » Sofia Patient with 'Ebola' Symptoms Infected with Malaria
- » Sofia Literary Festival Focuses On Nordic Literature