Bulgarian Stock Breeders Hold Protest in Sofia
Livestock breeders from across Bulgaria are organizing a protest in the center of Sofia on Tuesday, against undelivered promises from the Ministry of Agriculture.
They are demanding the transfer of payments under a state aid program, which have been delayed. Meanwhile, the Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov pointed out that the government had paid BGN 15 M to the breeders over the past month.
Breeders first alarmed about problems in their sector in the fall of 2013, when they staged a series of road blockades, some of which ended in clashes with the police.
The most recent protest was on June 6, when they blocked the E-79 road near Dupnitsa.
- » State of Emergency Lifted in Southern Bulgarian Hisarya Municipality
- » Mountain Climber Falls to Death in Bulgaria's Vratsata Gorge
- » Passenger Train Hits Car in Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind Issued in 4 Bulgarian Districts
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 106 Years of Independence
- » Greek Ferry with Bulgarians On Board Sinks near Corfu