Bulgarian Stock Breeders Hold Protest in Sofia
Livestock breeders from across Bulgaria are organizing a protest in the center of Sofia on Tuesday, against undelivered promises from the Ministry of Agriculture.
They are demanding the transfer of payments under a state aid program, which have been delayed. Meanwhile, the Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov pointed out that the government had paid BGN 15 M to the breeders over the past month.
Breeders first alarmed about problems in their sector in the fall of 2013, when they staged a series of road blockades, some of which ended in clashes with the police.
The most recent protest was on June 6, when they blocked the E-79 road near Dupnitsa.
- » Police Arrests 35 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Has Too Many Universities - Education Minister
- » Bulgaria to Build Accommodation Centres for Elderly
- » Bulgaria Marks 95 Years of Neuilly Treaty after WWI
- » UNESCO Adds Production of Chiprovtsi Carpets to ‘Intangible Heritage’ List
- » Bulgarian Parliament Boosts Healthcare Budget with BGN 100 M