Bulgarian Stock Breeders Hold Protest in Sofia
Livestock breeders from across Bulgaria are organizing a protest in the center of Sofia on Tuesday, against undelivered promises from the Ministry of Agriculture.
They are demanding the transfer of payments under a state aid program, which have been delayed. Meanwhile, the Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov pointed out that the government had paid BGN 15 M to the breeders over the past month.
Breeders first alarmed about problems in their sector in the fall of 2013, when they staged a series of road blockades, some of which ended in clashes with the police.
The most recent protest was on June 6, when they blocked the E-79 road near Dupnitsa.
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » Large Oil Refinery in Texas is on Fire
- » April,20 - Hristo Prodanov is Becoming a Hero, Climbing Mount Everest Without the Use of Supplementary Oxygen
- » Spring Brings us Good Weather over the Weekend and after that
- » Injured Police Officers in Violent Clashes in Paris (Video)
- » Bulgarian Photographer Took First Prize of a Prestigious Competition