Bulgarian Stock Breeders Hold Protest in Sofia
Livestock breeders from across Bulgaria are organizing a protest in the center of Sofia on Tuesday, against undelivered promises from the Ministry of Agriculture.
They are demanding the transfer of payments under a state aid program, which have been delayed. Meanwhile, the Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov pointed out that the government had paid BGN 15 M to the breeders over the past month.
Breeders first alarmed about problems in their sector in the fall of 2013, when they staged a series of road blockades, some of which ended in clashes with the police.
The most recent protest was on June 6, when they blocked the E-79 road near Dupnitsa.
- » Earthquake of 6.2 Magnitude Shakes Central Italy, at least Five Dead
- » Forest Fires near Bulgaria's Harmanli Now Under Control
- » Bulgarian TV Journalist Dimitar Tsonev Dies at 56
- » Bulgarian Mountaineer Boyan Petrov Injured in Car Accident - Radio
- » Army Servicemen Join Firefighters to Battle Forest Blaze in Bulgaria's Harmanli Municipality
- » Wildfire in Harmanli Municipality Contained