Bulgarian Stock Breeders Hold Protest in Sofia
Livestock breeders from across Bulgaria are organizing a protest in the center of Sofia on Tuesday, against undelivered promises from the Ministry of Agriculture.
They are demanding the transfer of payments under a state aid program, which have been delayed. Meanwhile, the Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov pointed out that the government had paid BGN 15 M to the breeders over the past month.
Breeders first alarmed about problems in their sector in the fall of 2013, when they staged a series of road blockades, some of which ended in clashes with the police.
The most recent protest was on June 6, when they blocked the E-79 road near Dupnitsa.
- » An Earthquake in Romania
- » Scientists Predicted the Sixth Great Extinction of Species
- » President Rumen Radev Met with the Bulgarians Diaspora in Chicago
- » Brave Frenchman Saved Bus with Tourists from Falling into an Abyss
- » Ship Caught Fire in Burgas due to Negligent Work
- » Bulgarian Woman Died after an Attempt to Improve the World Record of Deep Diving