Bulgarian Stock Breeders Hold Protest in Sofia
Livestock breeders from across Bulgaria are organizing a protest in the center of Sofia on Tuesday, against undelivered promises from the Ministry of Agriculture.
They are demanding the transfer of payments under a state aid program, which have been delayed. Meanwhile, the Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov pointed out that the government had paid BGN 15 M to the breeders over the past month.
Breeders first alarmed about problems in their sector in the fall of 2013, when they staged a series of road blockades, some of which ended in clashes with the police.
The most recent protest was on June 6, when they blocked the E-79 road near Dupnitsa.
- » Bulgaria Mourns over National Hero's Death
- » Bulgaria's First Lady Gets Personal Protection over 'Threat'
- » Two More Days to Choose Novinite's Personalities in the News
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Migrants Seeking Protection in Bulgaria Dwindled by Half in January
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects