Bulgarian Stock Breeders Hold Protest in Sofia
Livestock breeders from across Bulgaria are organizing a protest in the center of Sofia on Tuesday, against undelivered promises from the Ministry of Agriculture.
They are demanding the transfer of payments under a state aid program, which have been delayed. Meanwhile, the Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov pointed out that the government had paid BGN 15 M to the breeders over the past month.
Breeders first alarmed about problems in their sector in the fall of 2013, when they staged a series of road blockades, some of which ended in clashes with the police.
The most recent protest was on June 6, when they blocked the E-79 road near Dupnitsa.
- » Uber Concealed Massive Hack that Exposed data of 57m Divers and Users
- » Agung Volcano in Bali Threatens to Erupt
- » A US Military Plane with 11 People on Board has Crashed into the Philippine Sea
- » USD 473,600 for Churchill's Last Painting
- » NIMH: Mostly Cloudy Over Bulgaria, Almost no Rains
- » Medical Establishments in Bulgaria are Out of Influenza Vaccines