USA Beats Ghana in World Cup, Dempsey Scores Fastest Goal
The United States won their opening match in Group G of the World Cup, beating Ghana 2:1 in Natal.
Clint Dempsey scored the fastest goal of the tournament, after just 29 seconds of play. Ghana managed to put up a good display and didn't crumble after conceding early. Eventually in the 82nd minute, Andre Ayew equalized after a neat back heel pass from Asamoah Gyan.
The Africans' happiness was to last for only 4 minutes, before John Brooks headed in a corner kick to restore USA's lead. The first ever national team goal for the young defender would prove the winner of the match.
The win was a sweet revenge for the United States who lost in 2 consecutive World Cups to Ghana, and puts them on level points with group leaders Germany, who defeated Portugal 4:0 earlier.
- » Ludogorets Tied 2:2 with PSG, Qualifying for Europa League
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected