Bulgarian President Convenes Nat'l Security Council Meeting
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev shall convene an extraordinary meeting of the Consultative Council on National Security (KSNS) on Tuesday.
The meeting will focus on the current political situation in the country and is to identify measures to end the political crisis.
During Tuesday's meeting, the leaders of political parties are expected to agree on a date for the early elections, on the Bulgarian nominee for a European Commissioner and on urgent reforms.
However, Angel Naydenov, Defense Minister and Spokesperson for ruling party The Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) announced on Monday that no date for early elections was likely to be agreed upon on Tuesday as the meeting was considered to be "the first step" of the process leading towards snap elections.
- » Bulgaria's PM 'Not Commenting' Reports of Parliament Speaker's Presidential Nomination
- » EU Commission VP Accepts UN Top Job Nomination from Bulgaria
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Appointed Head of Bulgarian Electronic Management Agency
- » BSP, Lyava Balgariya To Start Discussions On Non-Confidence Vote
- » DPS Leader Karadayi: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Very Superficial Move
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls For Unity On New UN Secretary Nomination