Bulgarian President Convenes Nat'l Security Council Meeting
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev shall convene an extraordinary meeting of the Consultative Council on National Security (KSNS) on Tuesday.
The meeting will focus on the current political situation in the country and is to identify measures to end the political crisis.
During Tuesday's meeting, the leaders of political parties are expected to agree on a date for the early elections, on the Bulgarian nominee for a European Commissioner and on urgent reforms.
However, Angel Naydenov, Defense Minister and Spokesperson for ruling party The Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) announced on Monday that no date for early elections was likely to be agreed upon on Tuesday as the meeting was considered to be "the first step" of the process leading towards snap elections.
- » No 'Bulgarian Roots' of Austrian Smuggling Ring, IntMin Says
- » Bulgaria MP to Table Medical Cannabis Legalization Bill
- » Expenses of Bulgarian MPs on Business Trips Amount to BGN 470 000
- » Bulgaria Boasts 92 % Absorption Rate of EU Funds - PM Borisov
- » Bulgarian Gendarmerie to Assist in Guarding Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Local Elections, Referendum to Cost BGN 50 M