Thomas Muller Inspires Germany to 4:0 Win over Portugal
Germany kicked off its World Cup 214 campaign in striking fashion, beating Portugal 4:0 in their Group F match in Salvador, Brazil.
Thomas Muller opened the scoring in the 12th minute, converting a penalty kick for a foul against Mario Gotze. A header by Hummels in the 32nd minute made it 2:0 for Germany.
And just when things couldn’t get worse for Portugal, a thoughtless foul followed by a knock with the head against his opponent, earned Pepe a sending off with a direct red card.
Muller scored his second of the match in the last minute of the first half. He later added another goal to complete his hattrick, in the 78th minute.
A further blow for Portugal, besides the suspension of Pepe, will be an injury suffered by Fabio Coentrao during the second half, which could rule him out of the next match.
- » 'Bulgarian National' Dies on Mount Elbrus
- » Samuel Eto'o Confirms Participation in Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup