Thomas Muller Inspires Germany to 4:0 Win over Portugal
Germany kicked off its World Cup 214 campaign in striking fashion, beating Portugal 4:0 in their Group F match in Salvador, Brazil.
Thomas Muller opened the scoring in the 12th minute, converting a penalty kick for a foul against Mario Gotze. A header by Hummels in the 32nd minute made it 2:0 for Germany.
And just when things couldn’t get worse for Portugal, a thoughtless foul followed by a knock with the head against his opponent, earned Pepe a sending off with a direct red card.
Muller scored his second of the match in the last minute of the first half. He later added another goal to complete his hattrick, in the 78th minute.
A further blow for Portugal, besides the suspension of Pepe, will be an injury suffered by Fabio Coentrao during the second half, which could rule him out of the next match.
- » Successful Start For Grigor Dimitrov in Paris
- » 27 Arrested Right Before Levski-CSKA Match
- » Enhanced Security Measures in Sofia Due to Levski-CSKA Football Game Tonight
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months