Customs Officers at Bulgaria's Malko Tarnovo Seize 25kg of Cocaine
Customs officers at the Bulgarian Malko Tarnovo customs house have seized over 25 kg of cocaine.
A shipment of 25.625 kg of cocaine was seized from a secret compartment of a BMW car with a Romanian registration plate at the Malko Tarnovo customs house.
The value of the cocaine was calculated at BGN 3,075, according to a media statement of the Customs Agency.
According to calculations of the authorities, the drugs would have been sold for around BGN 10 M at the black market.
The vehicle was driven by a Turkish national with a registered place of residence in Romania, who was accompanied by another Turkish national.
The car arrived at the Malko Tarnovo customs office late at night on June 9.
The secret compartments of the car were detected during a detailed customs inspection.
The customs officers found 24 packs of white powdery which tested positive for cocaine.
The two Turkish nationals were arrested and placed in custody.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened into the case, to be conducted by an investigating customs inspector from the Burgas Customs House in cooperation with officers of the State Agency for National Security under the supervision of the District Prosecutor's Office in Burgas.
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detained 243 Human Traffickers in First Half of Year
- » Number of People Detained Over Truck with Dead Migrants in Austria Rises to Seven
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Man over Austria Migrant Deaths
- » Suspected Jihadists Detained at Bulgaria Border 'Linked to IS'
- » Human Smuggling in Bulgaria Is Punishable by Ridiculous Fines - Foreign Minister
- » Bulgaria Charges Two People with Making False Identity Documents