Sofia City Hall Builds Earthquake Simulator for Trainings
Sofia City Hall has started the construction of an earthquake simulator, where the residents can learn how to react in an earthquake.
The training ground is in the Pancharevo district of Sofia and will include several buildings, which will simulate earthquake. The first round of construction has already started. The entire project is expected to be completed by the beginning of 2015.
Besides earthquakes, the training ground will also offer options for trainings for fires, floods and other natural disasters and emergencies.
According to the director of the Public Order and Safety department Krasimir Georgiev, all children in the Sofia elementary schools will pass a mandatory training. It will include what to do and where to stand during the earthquake and how to react in the immediate aftermath.
The access for all residents will be free of charge.
- » Harrison Ford Suffers Injury after Plane Crash with Vintage Vehicle
- » Landslide Stops Traffic in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
- » Dub FX to Present His Brand New Live Show in Sofia
- » Bugaria MPs Trade Punches over Claims of 'pro-US Stance'
- » Suspect Held on Murder Charge in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » 62 % of Bulgarians Oppose Issue of New BGN 16 B Debt – Survey