Sofia City Hall Builds Earthquake Simulator for Trainings
Sofia City Hall has started the construction of an earthquake simulator, where the residents can learn how to react in an earthquake.
The training ground is in the Pancharevo district of Sofia and will include several buildings, which will simulate earthquake. The first round of construction has already started. The entire project is expected to be completed by the beginning of 2015.
Besides earthquakes, the training ground will also offer options for trainings for fires, floods and other natural disasters and emergencies.
According to the director of the Public Order and Safety department Krasimir Georgiev, all children in the Sofia elementary schools will pass a mandatory training. It will include what to do and where to stand during the earthquake and how to react in the immediate aftermath.
The access for all residents will be free of charge.
- » Enrique Iglesias to Hold First Individual Concert in Bulgaria on December 14
- » Bulgarian Invents Watch Capable of Translating Words in Two Seconds
- » England-to-Turkey Flight Diverts to Sofia Due to ‘Allegedly Drunk Passenger’
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich
- » SE Europe's Largest Observatory Facing Closure over Lack of Funding
- » Varna to Host 11th World Animated Film Festival