Sofia City Hall Builds Earthquake Simulator for Trainings
Sofia City Hall has started the construction of an earthquake simulator, where the residents can learn how to react in an earthquake.
The training ground is in the Pancharevo district of Sofia and will include several buildings, which will simulate earthquake. The first round of construction has already started. The entire project is expected to be completed by the beginning of 2015.
Besides earthquakes, the training ground will also offer options for trainings for fires, floods and other natural disasters and emergencies.
According to the director of the Public Order and Safety department Krasimir Georgiev, all children in the Sofia elementary schools will pass a mandatory training. It will include what to do and where to stand during the earthquake and how to react in the immediate aftermath.
The access for all residents will be free of charge.
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria Set to Continue on Good Friday
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria as People Embark on Trips for Easter
- » Bulgarian Media 'Partly Free' - Freedom House Report
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Soilwork Also Joins Kavarna Rock Fest 2016
- » Kavarna Rock Fest 2016: First 3 Bands Confirmed