Sofia City Hall Builds Earthquake Simulator for Trainings
Sofia City Hall has started the construction of an earthquake simulator, where the residents can learn how to react in an earthquake.
The training ground is in the Pancharevo district of Sofia and will include several buildings, which will simulate earthquake. The first round of construction has already started. The entire project is expected to be completed by the beginning of 2015.
Besides earthquakes, the training ground will also offer options for trainings for fires, floods and other natural disasters and emergencies.
According to the director of the Public Order and Safety department Krasimir Georgiev, all children in the Sofia elementary schools will pass a mandatory training. It will include what to do and where to stand during the earthquake and how to react in the immediate aftermath.
The access for all residents will be free of charge.
- » Road Agency Chief Warns about Shortage of Funds for Winter Maintenance
- » 8,000 New Jobs Created in Bulgaria Under Employment Project
- » Two Syrian Children Detained in Bulgaria’s Veliko Tarnovo
- » Bulgaria’s Kaspichan Holds Referendum on Medical Waste Incineration Plant
- » Man Dies after Falling Down Elevator Shaft in Sofia
- » Thracian Temple In Starosel Is Falling Apart