3 Czech Nationals Arrested in Bulgaria for Smuggling Antiques
An attempt to smuggle 15 kilograms of antiques has been prevented through a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security, the Interior Ministry and the Customs Agency.
On June 12, an attempt to smuggle a 15kg shipment of objects of cultural and historical significance (including coins, brooches, amulets, trims, and a lamp) was prevented thanks to a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security, the Chief Directorate Border Police of the Interior Ministry, and the Vidin-based unit of the Customs Agency conducted with the cooperation of the district police directorate in Vidin and under the management of the district prosecutor's office in Vidin.
The objects had been hidden in a vehicle with a Czech registration plate which was stopped for an inspection at Bulgaria's exit at the "Vidin – Danube Bridge" border crossing point.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened into the matter.
Three Czech nationals were detained and were remanded into custody under a ruling of the Vidin District Court.
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website
- » Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man
- » 28-Year-Old Man Wounded in Shoting in Sofia