Michael Schumacher Out of Coma
German ex-Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher is no longer in a state of coma and has left the hospital in Grenoble, his family and manager have revealed.
"Michael has left the CHU Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation. He is not in a coma anymore", his manager stated, quoted by Sky News.
"His family would like to explicitly thank all his treating doctors, nurses and therapists in Grenoble as well as the first aiders at the place of the accident, who did an excellent job in those first months. For the future we ask for understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye", the statement continues.
Schumacher, 45, suffered a skiing accident in December, which caused severe head injuries. Doctors placed him in an induced coma, so they can treat the injuries to his brain. Rumours surrounding his health have been going around for months, with some fearing that he may never wake up.
It is believed that the German racer has been transferred to a rehabilitation facility.
- » Seven Medals for Bulgarian Rhythmic Gymnastics in Tashkent
- » Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Team Wins Silver Medal in Tashkent
- » Madrid Derby In The Semifinals Of the Champions League
- » Grigor Dimitrov With 4th Following Loss
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd in World Ice Hockey Championship Division III
- » Grigor Dimitrov With Poor Start of Red Court Season