FM Vigenin Commends Bulgarian Community in Cyprus
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus can serve as a model for our communities around the world, Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said during his visit to the island nation.
Minister Vigenin met with the local Bulgarian community and handed out the diplomas for graduates of the Bulgarian weekend schools. In turn, the students put up a short performance, including poetry recitals.
"You are a bridge between the two nations, and a model for our expat communities. The 8 weekend schools are an attestation for your connections with the homeland", Vigenin told his compatriots.
The meeting was also attended by representatives of the association of Cypriots who studied in Bulgaria.
Later on Monday, Vigenin will meet the FM of Cyprus, Ioannis Kasoulides and President Nicos Anastasiades.
- » Cabinet Proposes Former Foreign Minister as New Bulgarian Ambassador to Turkey
- » Bulgaria President to Take Over SE European Cooperation Process
- » Croatia’s Foreign Minister Arrives in Bulgaria for Official Visit
- » Maite Nkoana-Mashabane: ‘Vision of Integrated Africa Becoming Reality’
- » Pope Francis Receives Bulgarian PM, Delegation at Audience in Vatican
- » Bulgarian PM, Delegation to Have Audience with Pope Francis