FM Vigenin Commends Bulgarian Community in Cyprus
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus can serve as a model for our communities around the world, Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said during his visit to the island nation.
Minister Vigenin met with the local Bulgarian community and handed out the diplomas for graduates of the Bulgarian weekend schools. In turn, the students put up a short performance, including poetry recitals.
"You are a bridge between the two nations, and a model for our expat communities. The 8 weekend schools are an attestation for your connections with the homeland", Vigenin told his compatriots.
The meeting was also attended by representatives of the association of Cypriots who studied in Bulgaria.
Later on Monday, Vigenin will meet the FM of Cyprus, Ioannis Kasoulides and President Nicos Anastasiades.
- » Bulgaria's FM to Discuss Migration on Croatia Visit
- » Bulgaria to Hold Last Event as SEE Cooperation Chair on June 01
- » Daniel Mitov Discussing Migration, EU-Turkey Deal with EP’s Elmar Brok
- » Bulgaria President: 'National Effort' Needed for Bokova's UN Top Job Campaign
- » Bulgaria, Cyprus to Jointly Combat Artifacts Trafficking
- » Irina Bokova Dismisses Allegations of Mismanagement in UNESCO - AFP