Tornado Seen off Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast
A tornado was seen off the Black Sea coast of Sozopol shortly before 11 AM on Monday.
The cyclone formed several kilometers into the sea, and was visible from the coast. Witnesses told Standartnews that a boat had been passing nearby, but no damage was caused.
The tornado, which is a very rare phenomenon for Bulgaria, disappeared quickly, but was followed by another, smaller one.
Intensive showers continue to fall throughout eastern Bulgaria, slowing traffic in the areas around Varna. In the village of Turia, Stara Zagora region, a state of emergency has been declared, after streets and homes were flooded.
The mayor of Pavel Banya Municipality, Stanimir Radevski, says the damages are calculated at BGN 0.5 M according to preliminary calculations.
- » Code Orange Weather Alert for 8 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Officials Resort to Artificial Rain to Tackle Raging Wildfires in Siberia
- » Small Village near Karnobat has been Evacuated Due to Fire
- » Rains in the Country Today, Temperatures Will Continue to Decrease
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today, Clouds Will Develop Around Noon
- » NIMH: Rains Expected, Thunders and Hails are Possible