Man Shoots from Balcony in Sofia, One Lightly Wounded
A man opened fire from his balcony in downtown Sofia on Sunday evening wounding another man, report Bulgarian-language media.
According to the police, Plamen Bobev, 57, shot with his legal firearm at the immigrants, living in the house across the street and scratched a Palestinian man, who was walking down the street, in the pelvis.
Nova TV channel reports that for quite some time Bobev has been aggravated by the noise the immigrants were making. Reportedly they were banging on his door on Sunday night and the drunk Bobev opened fire from the balcony.
After the shooting he barricaded himself in his home and surrendered to the police several hours after the incident.
Hristo Terziiski, deputy chief of the Sofia police told the bTV national channel that there were three separate reports of the shooting near the intersection of Sofronii Vrachanski and Tsar Simeon streets between 8.45 and 9 p.m.
Terziiski said the alcohol test showed that Bobev was indeed rather drunk, but refused to comment whether there were conflicts between the local homeowners and the immigrants in the area. “We cannot draw general conclusions out of a single incident,” Terziiski told bTV.
This area of Sofia has been known for the concentration of Arab immigrants. In the past several months, with the increasing numbers of refugees, their numbers are growing.
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna