Man Shoots from Balcony in Sofia, One Lightly Wounded
A man opened fire from his balcony in downtown Sofia on Sunday evening wounding another man, report Bulgarian-language media.
According to the police, Plamen Bobev, 57, shot with his legal firearm at the immigrants, living in the house across the street and scratched a Palestinian man, who was walking down the street, in the pelvis.
Nova TV channel reports that for quite some time Bobev has been aggravated by the noise the immigrants were making. Reportedly they were banging on his door on Sunday night and the drunk Bobev opened fire from the balcony.
After the shooting he barricaded himself in his home and surrendered to the police several hours after the incident.
Hristo Terziiski, deputy chief of the Sofia police told the bTV national channel that there were three separate reports of the shooting near the intersection of Sofronii Vrachanski and Tsar Simeon streets between 8.45 and 9 p.m.
Terziiski said the alcohol test showed that Bobev was indeed rather drunk, but refused to comment whether there were conflicts between the local homeowners and the immigrants in the area. “We cannot draw general conclusions out of a single incident,” Terziiski told bTV.
This area of Sofia has been known for the concentration of Arab immigrants. In the past several months, with the increasing numbers of refugees, their numbers are growing.
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud
- » Regional Environment Inspectorate Head Arrested for Soliciting Bribe
- » Chief of Police in Bulgaria's Smolyan Removed from Office
- » Oscar Pistorius Gets 5 Years In Jail For Killing His Girlfriend