Bulgarian Foreign Minister on 2-Day Visit to Cyprus
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin is on an official two-day visit to Cyprus.
The agenda of the visit starts with meetings with representatives of the Bulgarian community in the country, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Vigenin will attend a feast of the newest Bulgarian school in Nicosia, the Nikola Vaptsarov school, on the occasion of the end of its first school year.
He will inaugurate a bas relief of its patron, Bulgarian poet Nikola Vaptsarov, prepared by Bulgarian sculptor Ivan Ikov, who works and lives in Cyprus.
On Monday, Vigenin will meet with the Foreign Minister of Cyprus, Ioannis Kasoulides.
The two will discuss relations between Bulgaria and Cyprus and opportunities for deepening bilateral cooperation, the latest developments on the Cyprus question, the situation in Ukraine, as well as other European and regional issues of mutual interest.
During the visit, Vigenin will be received by Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades, and the President of the House of Representatives, Yiannakis Omirou.
Vigenin will also visit Archbishop Chrysostomos II and will depart from Cyprus Monday evening.
- » Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova to Be Awarded German Order of Merit
- » Turkey's Chief Prosecutor Meets Bulgarian Justice Minister
- » Bulgaria Calls on Russia to Free Estonian Official
- » World Bank Introduces New Country Manager For Bulgaria
- » Ukraine, Donbass Rebels Agree Ceasefire
- » Rosen Plevneliev to Attend NATO Summit in Wales