Georgia Holds Local Elections
Georgia is holding local elections on Sunday.
Voters are to elect new municipal councils and the mayors of 12 cities and towns, including the capital of Tbilisi.
Some 24 political entities are taking part in the elections, including 20 parties and 4 blocs, according to local news agencies, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The main rivals are said to be the United National Movement (UNM) party, chaired by former President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili, and the ruling Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgia party.
- » Turkey to Hand Over Body of Pilot of Downed Su-24 to Russia
- » Leaders of EU, Turkey to Hold Summit on Migration Crisis
- » Clash Between Macedonian Police, Migrants Leaves Scores Injured at Border with Greece
- » Russian President Signs Decree Introducing Sanctions Against Turkey
- » Turkey Tells Its Citizens to Delay Travel to Russia
- » Macedonian Army Builds Metal Fence on Border with Greece