Georgia Holds Local Elections
Georgia is holding local elections on Sunday.
Voters are to elect new municipal councils and the mayors of 12 cities and towns, including the capital of Tbilisi.
Some 24 political entities are taking part in the elections, including 20 parties and 4 blocs, according to local news agencies, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The main rivals are said to be the United National Movement (UNM) party, chaired by former President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili, and the ruling Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgia party.
- » Turkey Formally Ratifies Turkish Stream Pipeline Deal with Russia
- » Italy's PM Steps Down after Referendum Defeat
- » Far-Right Candidate Concedes Defeat in Austria's Presidential Election
- » High Voting Activity in Italy's Referendum
- » Turkey, Russia To Trade With Each Other In Their Own Currencies
- » Austrians To Vote for President