Georgia Holds Local Elections
Georgia is holding local elections on Sunday.
Voters are to elect new municipal councils and the mayors of 12 cities and towns, including the capital of Tbilisi.
Some 24 political entities are taking part in the elections, including 20 parties and 4 blocs, according to local news agencies, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The main rivals are said to be the United National Movement (UNM) party, chaired by former President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili, and the ruling Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgia party.
- » Blockade Remains at Two Bulgarian-Greek Border Checkpoints as Protests Continue
- » International Community Vows to Seek Cessation of Hostilities in Syria
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Could Sent Millions of Migrants to Europe
- » NATO Ships in Aegean to Help EU Stem People Smuggling
- » Protesting Greek Farmers Renew Blockades Along Bulgarian-Greek Border
- » Serbia Ready to Follow Suit if Others on Balkan Migrant Route Close Borders