Georgia Holds Local Elections
Georgia is holding local elections on Sunday.
Voters are to elect new municipal councils and the mayors of 12 cities and towns, including the capital of Tbilisi.
Some 24 political entities are taking part in the elections, including 20 parties and 4 blocs, according to local news agencies, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The main rivals are said to be the United National Movement (UNM) party, chaired by former President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili, and the ruling Georgian Dream-Democratic Georgia party.
- » Pope Francis to Visit Sarajevo in June
- » OSCE Calls for Immediate Ceasefire as Situation in Ukraine Deteriorates
- » Italian Parliament Elects President at Fourth Attempt
- » Greek FinMin Dismisses Further Negotiations with Troika
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year