Grigor Dimitrov Makes Queen’s Final Beating Wawrinka
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov qualified for his first ever ATP grass court final, defeating world number 3 Stanislas Wawrinka at the Aegon Queen’s tournament in England.
Dimitrov was on top form, while the Swiss failed to show his best game. The first set finished 6:2 for the Bulgarian, after two consecutive breaks.
In the second part, Wawrinka was a little better, but only managed to hold parity until 3:3, after which he lost his serve. The final score of the set was 6:4 for the Haskovo-born youngster.
In Sunday’s final, Dimitrov will play the winner of the other semifinal between Radek Stepanek and Feliciano Lopez.
- » Bulgaria Scores Gold, Silver Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Tashkent
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams