Bulgaria Will Not Take Another Loan For Now – MinFin
For the time being we do not need to take another loan at the international markets, Bulgaria's Finance Minister Petar Chobanov told Darik national radio.
According to him, the state debt strategy was implemented “calmly and smoothly”.
He said that in spite the “hysterical talking”, the budget was stable and the claims of a BGN 10 B deficit in the budget were untrue.
“If we often witness such talk and people believe it, this would create instability,” Chobanov said. “We cannot say the state was bankrupt, when in end of February the fiscal reserve was BGN 3.9 B and in end of April it reached BGN 6 B.”
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit
- » Fitch Maintains Bulgaria’s Credit Rating At ‘BBB-‘ With Stable Outlook
- » Government to Discuss New Bank Law
- » USD 25 B in Illicit Flows Syphoned Off from Bulgaria in 10 Years
- » Drop in Fuel Prices Results in Deflation in Bulgaria
- » FinMin Repays Municipalities' Funds Blocked in Corpbank