Bulgarian Red Cross To Train Taxi Drivers for First Aid
The Bulgarian Red Cross (BRC) will train 80 taxi drivers in first aid courses, the BRC chairperson Hristo Grigorov told Focus news agency.
The pilot courses will be in the next four months and initially will be only for taxi drivers in Sofia. According to Grigorov, if the courses prove successful, they will be transferred to the Health Ministry.
Grigorov said the taxi drivers are selected out of 500 volunteers, based on their education. They will be not fully trained paramedics, but will be instructed on the basic most important emergency aid.
The project includes 120 specially equipped motorcycles, two helicopters and ambulance cars. The helicopters cost EUR 1 M, the ambulances and the motorcycles cost EUR 2.3. According to Grigorov, the funding was entirely private.
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » So-Called Superfoods will be Included in the Menus of Bulgarian Kindergartens
- » We Mark the Day of the Bulgarian Doctor
- » The Health Fund has Voted a BGN 400 Million Increase in the Budget for Next Year
- » 5 Foods to Include in your Menu for Good Eyesight
- » Only 3% of Bulgarians are Vaccinated Against Flu