#ДАНСNoMore Protest to Mark 1 Year Of Protests in Bulgaria
The Protest Network organizes on Saturday evening a #ДАНСNoMore rally to mark one year of mass citizen protests #ДАНСwithme in Bulgaria.
“It is time to finish what we started,” reads the message of the Facebook organized event. “We must not let everything to happen according to their script. The current and the future rulers must know that the civic society is awake and will watch over every their action.”
The protest will start in front of the Government building in Sofia at 6 p.m., but local events are also being organized in other Bulgarian towns.
One June 14 2013 Bulgaria's Parliament appointed Delyan Peevski - businessman of dubious reputation and MP from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) - as head of the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
This sparked a public outrage and wave of mass rallies and marches across Bulgaria, which lasted throughout the summer of 2013. Their main demand was the resignation of the Plamen Oresharski Government and new elections for parliament.
- » Wildfire Forces Evacuation of 10,000 Campers in southern France
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 11th Century Rakia Distillation Vessel
- » Wildfire in Bulgaria's Rila Mountain Contained
- » Bulgarian Cameraman Drowns While Trying to Rescue Teenager
- » CNN: Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha’s Amazing Life
- » Forest Fire in Bulgaria's Rila Mountain Mostly Contained