Luhansk Militias Shot Down Ukrainian Army Plane – Ukraine's DefMin
Ukraine’s Defence Ministry claims that the militias in Luhansk have shot down Ukraine’s Il-76 military aircraft.
At least 49 people were on board, the CNN reports citing Ukraine’s military sources.
An Il-76 plane which was carrying troops for the purpose of regular rotation was shot down when landing at Luhansk airport on the night from June 13 to 14.
"In the night from June 13 to June 14 terrorists shot with anti-aircraft weapons and large caliber machine gun at a militaty transport Il-76 plane and shot it down as it was landing," said the Ukrainian Defense Ministry statement, published on its website. "There were troops, hardware, equipment and food on board the plane."
The information has been neither confirmed nor denied yet in the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic.
"We do not comment on the reports so far," the press service of the republic told ITAR-TASS.
- » Merkel to Discuss Migrant Crisis with Davutoglu in Ankara Monday
- » Bulgaria Agrees Joint Action to Curb Organised Begging in Sweden
- » Bulgarian Transport Minister to Hold Talks with Protesting Greek Farmers
- » EU's Unanimous Recognition of Kosovo to Normalise Relations with Serbia – MEPs
- » More Blockades at Bulgarian-Greek Checkpoints Expected as Farmers' Protests Continue
- » German Police Arrest 3 Algerians Suspected of Plotting Terror Attack
It's not about what works or what does not. It's about giving the people the right to make a choice. The traditional states as we know them right are done in Europe regardless, we are moving to a Europe of regional states with many peculiarities. This is a massacre and must be stopped. Both sides are funded by Russia and US, so what, this is crystal clear. Just stop the violence
.....oh, yes, in the same very "Survival" shop where "National Guard" and Ukrainian army "buy" the white phosphorus and cassette bombs, the rocket launchers "Grad"/"Uragan" and other "gifts". The civilians in the
South East of Ukraine find it hard to get at what drive the above "dear guests". More than that, those damned civilians dare to believe in the better future, future without "dear guests". Poor retards...