Dimitrov Qualifies for Queen’s Semifinal, After Opponent Pulls Out
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the semifinals of the Aegon Queen's tournament without even having to go on court.
He was scheduled to play Alexandr Dolgopolov later on Friday, but the Ukrainian pulled out of the quarterfinal match, complaining of an injury in his right thigh.
Dimitrov's opponent in the semis will be the winner of the match between Stanislas Wawrinka and Marinko Matosevic. What is interesting is that Grigor and Wawrinka were partners in the doubles competition.
With his qualification for the semifinal, Dimitrov will take a check of EUR 29,610 and 90 points for the ATP ranking.
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship
- » Bulgaria's Ivet Lalova Qualifies for 100 M Final at Euro Athletics Championship