Dimitrov Qualifies for Queen’s Semifinal, After Opponent Pulls Out
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the semifinals of the Aegon Queen's tournament without even having to go on court.
He was scheduled to play Alexandr Dolgopolov later on Friday, but the Ukrainian pulled out of the quarterfinal match, complaining of an injury in his right thigh.
Dimitrov's opponent in the semis will be the winner of the match between Stanislas Wawrinka and Marinko Matosevic. What is interesting is that Grigor and Wawrinka were partners in the doubles competition.
With his qualification for the semifinal, Dimitrov will take a check of EUR 29,610 and 90 points for the ATP ranking.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats David Goffin, Reaches US Open 4th Round
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets To Face Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bazel
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scores US Open 1st Round Win against American Ryan Harrison
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches UEFA Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Starts US Open With Victory
- » Boxing Match Kubrat Pulev – Wladimir Klitschko Is Postponed