Barroso: Russia Should not Fear Moldova, Georgia’s EU Association
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has reassured Russia that it has nothing to fear from Moldova and Georgia associating with the European Union.
"The association agreement is a positive agreement meant to add more momentum to Moldova's established international relations, not to compete with or intrude on Moldova's relations with any of its other partners, in particular Russia", Barroso said during his visit to the Moldovan capital Chisinau, cited by Euractiv.
Later on Thursday, the EC President visited Georgia, where he expressed his hopes that Russia's President Putin will stand by his words of not interfering with the association process.
Referring to the Ukraine crisis, Barroso once again outlined the need for "Russia to seize any military action in the region".
Moldova and Georgia are expected to sign Association Agreements with the EU on June 27.
- » US to Curb Issuance of Non-Immigrant Visas in Russia
- » Donald Trump to Announce New Strategy on Afghanistan in Major Speech
- » Secret Services Weigh up Whether Surgut Atrocity was a Terrorist Attack after ISIS Claim
- » The University of Texas Removes Monuments of Confederate Generals from their Campus
- » Today Starts the Week of Enhanced Control in Regards to Over-speeding Across the EU
- » Facebook is Testing a Personalized List with News
Stupid stupid stupid
Russia will not allow NATO installations around its borders..
they will act..
they will not negotiate.. they already are not negotiating.
just making diplomacy
This is pressure put to Russia...
but Russians see it simply as a new military development
Obviously something is very wrong with EU... it has no brain
Baroso has to ask himself is he ready to lead EU in a nuclear war.. obviously the EU politicians think there is more room for pressure..
but in reality there is not.