Sofia Airport Boasts 7.1% Increase of Serviced Flights in 2014
Sofia Airport has recorded a significant 7.1% increase of the serviced flights in the first five months of 2014 compared to the same period of 2013, totaling 3,816 aircraft movements.
The number of international scheduled flights has increased by 10.7% and the international carriers report a 12.8% increase.
A total of 93 touristic charter flights have been recorded in May 2014, compared to 64 for the same month of 2013.
The number of serviced passengers in May 2014 is 349,221. Those who have used international scheduled flights are 10.6% more compared to the same period of previous year.
Sofia Airport Terminal 1 saw 22% more passengers in May 2014, and the increase in passenger volume at Terminal 2 was 5%.
Domestic flights post a 12% decline in May, as 13,846 passengers have been serviced during that period.
A total of 1,392 tonnes of cargo and mail shipments were processed in May 2014 which is a decrease of 3.4% compared to the same period in 2013.
- » Bulgaria’s National Electric Company Reports BGN 425M Loss in end-Sept
- » 3 Big Outsourcing Firms to Open Offices in Plovdiv Within Months
- » Bulgaria-Macedonia Rail Line to Start Functioning in 2022
- » Flydubai Airline To Fly Between Sofia and Dubai
- » Construction of 2 New Bulgaria-Romania Bridges to Start by 2017
- » GERB Withdraws Proposal to Save KTB Through Legal Changes