Full ‘Honey Moon’ on Friday 13, First in 100 Years
A rare phenomenon, the full "honey moon" will appear on the only Friday 13th of 2014.
No, we are not talking about a romantic trip of newly weds, though the phrase did come about from the middle ages when marriage was associated with a full moon, but an illumination in the skies. The moon will resonate in a warm honey-like hue and will sit low on the horizon. Scientists explain it as the result of the moon being in its closest orbit to the earth, while the sun is at its highest path, causing it to appear extremely large.
A full moon coinciding on Friday the 13th is not all that uncommon, occurring every three or so years, but to have a honey moon it must be in June. This is the first time since 1919 that this celestial event occurs on Friday 13, and the next such coincidence will be in June, 2098.
So for all the superstitious doomsday believers, this could be an extra source of mayhem. Perhaps one slightly calming detail could be the fact that the moon will be in its full phase around 1 am, already into Friday 14.
The best view of the honey moon will be from the Canary Islands and Chile.
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People
- » Real Summer and 31 Degrees in Bulgaria in the Coming Days
- » Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
- » Warm and Sunny Today in Bulgaria – Maximum Temperatures at 25-30°C