Bulgaria's Govt to Approve New Rural Development Program by June 20
The 2014-2020 Rural Development Program is to be approved by the government by June 20 and presented in Brussels by July 1, according to Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov.
Grekov took part in a discussion on the program on Friday.
He informed that some of the most important ordinances related to the projects of the young farmers would be prepared in the period June 15 – July 23, 2014.
Grekov, as cited by investor.bg, made clear that the measure was to be opened within a few days with a budget of around EUR 20 M, or ¼ of the money for young farmers.
The European Commission allowed EU Member States to open the measure envisaging funding for young farmers before the final approval of the operational programs due to the delayed talks under the Common Agricultural Policy.
Grekov also noted that the money earmarked for consultancy services would most probably be reduced under the new Rural Development Program in order to ensure more funding for agricultural producers.
The new Rural Development Program envisages a budget of EUR 150 M for consultancy services, according to investor.bg.
In his Friday statement, Grekov emphasized that the main goals of the new program were achieving higher added value in agriculture, creating more jobs, and stopping the rural depopulation.
He reminded that the intensive sectors of vegetable growing, arboriculture, cattle breeding, and the processing industry and hydromeliorations were given priority treatment under the new Program.
The 2014-2020 Rural Development Program also focuses on small and family farms, which predominate in the agricultural sector in Bulgaria and are considered to be the backbone of the sector.
- » Bulgaria Reopens 3-Y T-Note Issue at 0.68% Yield
- » Bulgaria Keen on Keeping Good Economic Ties with Russia, Lukarski Says
- » Bulgarian Scientists Foresee Economic Growth of 1.4 % in 2015
- » Additional BGN 15 M Needed for Sofia's Subway Extension
- » Explosion-Stricken Unit of Bulgaria’s VMZ Sopot Military Plant to Start Functioning in a Week
- » Bulgaria Speeds Up Construction of Maritsa Motorway Lot 2 ahead of EU Commissioner’s Visit