Bulgaria's Govt to Approve New Rural Development Program by June 20
The 2014-2020 Rural Development Program is to be approved by the government by June 20 and presented in Brussels by July 1, according to Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov.
Grekov took part in a discussion on the program on Friday.
He informed that some of the most important ordinances related to the projects of the young farmers would be prepared in the period June 15 – July 23, 2014.
Grekov, as cited by investor.bg, made clear that the measure was to be opened within a few days with a budget of around EUR 20 M, or ¼ of the money for young farmers.
The European Commission allowed EU Member States to open the measure envisaging funding for young farmers before the final approval of the operational programs due to the delayed talks under the Common Agricultural Policy.
Grekov also noted that the money earmarked for consultancy services would most probably be reduced under the new Rural Development Program in order to ensure more funding for agricultural producers.
The new Rural Development Program envisages a budget of EUR 150 M for consultancy services, according to investor.bg.
In his Friday statement, Grekov emphasized that the main goals of the new program were achieving higher added value in agriculture, creating more jobs, and stopping the rural depopulation.
He reminded that the intensive sectors of vegetable growing, arboriculture, cattle breeding, and the processing industry and hydromeliorations were given priority treatment under the new Program.
The 2014-2020 Rural Development Program also focuses on small and family farms, which predominate in the agricultural sector in Bulgaria and are considered to be the backbone of the sector.
- » Cyprus Eyes Bulgaria as Part of Plans to Transit Gas to Europe
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Chairman: No Problems Expected Concerning EC Approval of NEC Loan
- » Banker Levon Hampartzoumian: Bulgaria's Economy Is in Good Shape at Macro Level
- » Bulgarians Abroad Sent BGN 1 B Back Home in 2016
- » Bulgaria Should Prioritize Gas Links with Greece, Romania - EU Official
- » Citizen Deposits in Banks Grow by 6.9% Year-on-Year in August 2016