One Dies in Donetsk Republic Leader's Car Bombing
Unidentified persons have bombed the car of Denis Pushilin, the leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic, on Thursday, according to Russian media reports.
"My car has been blown up. There were three persons in the car. Two of them are in critical condition," Pushilin told Itar-Tass. "I haven't been using this car for two days," he added.
Later, Pushilin confirmed that one of the injured people has died.
The blast occurred 100 meters from the building of the Donetsk Region state administration.
On June 7, Pushilin's aide, the Supreme Council deputy Maxim Petrukhin was shot in downtown Donetsk as the local leadership did not rule out that Pushilin, not his aide, could have been the assailants' target.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years