One Dies in Donetsk Republic Leader's Car Bombing
Unidentified persons have bombed the car of Denis Pushilin, the leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic, on Thursday, according to Russian media reports.
"My car has been blown up. There were three persons in the car. Two of them are in critical condition," Pushilin told Itar-Tass. "I haven't been using this car for two days," he added.
Later, Pushilin confirmed that one of the injured people has died.
The blast occurred 100 meters from the building of the Donetsk Region state administration.
On June 7, Pushilin's aide, the Supreme Council deputy Maxim Petrukhin was shot in downtown Donetsk as the local leadership did not rule out that Pushilin, not his aide, could have been the assailants' target.
- » Serbia and Macedonia Agree to Mend Ties After Embassy Pullout
- » Turkey, Iraq to Cooperate to Defeat PKK, FM Çavuşoğlu Says
- » Theresa May Says UK Leaving EU Court's Jurisdiction After Brexit
- » UN Racism Committee Issues 'Warning' Over US Tensions
- » The United States is Suspending USD 300 million in Aid to Egypt
- » Warsaw Revives Call for German WWII Reparations