One Dies in Donetsk Republic Leader's Car Bombing
Unidentified persons have bombed the car of Denis Pushilin, the leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic, on Thursday, according to Russian media reports.
"My car has been blown up. There were three persons in the car. Two of them are in critical condition," Pushilin told Itar-Tass. "I haven't been using this car for two days," he added.
Later, Pushilin confirmed that one of the injured people has died.
The blast occurred 100 meters from the building of the Donetsk Region state administration.
On June 7, Pushilin's aide, the Supreme Council deputy Maxim Petrukhin was shot in downtown Donetsk as the local leadership did not rule out that Pushilin, not his aide, could have been the assailants' target.
- » Video Purports to Show Beheading of US Journalist Steven Sotloff
- » EU to Decide on New Russia Sanctions by Friday, Mogherini Says
- » UNHCR: More Ukrainians Flee Homes to Escape Fighting
- » Estonia's President Wants Permanent NATO Bases in Country
- » Russia to Update Military Doctrine in View of ‘New Military Dangers’
- » Slovakia Starts Shipping Gas to Ukraine via Vojany-Uzhgorod Pipeline