Georgi Kadiev Leaves Bulgarian Socialist Party, Parliament
The resignation of socialist MP Georgi Kadiev was approved Friday with 89 votes in favor, 54 votes against and 14 abstentions.
After the procedure, MPs from center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) said they had voted against because Kadiev had been one of the few dignified members of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and they did not want him to leave Parliament, according to dnevnik.bg.
"I am leaving the National Council of BSP and Parliament in a bid to demonstrate to BSP the need for change," Kadiev wrote on Facebook.
Kadiev announced that he was leaving the managing body of BSP and Parliament at an 8-hour sitting of the National Council of BSP.
He protested against the proposal of the socialists to hold early elections as early as July, stressing that such a proposal could only be triggered by the unexplainable stubbornness of the management of BSP
"BSP promised to return Bulgaria to the people. It gave it back to GERB instead and in such a manner that it was there for the taking. Why? Because the government cannot go on like this any longer? It never said that. Because the Parliament cannot take this anymore? It has been functioning in this mode for a year. Because it is bad for the economy? This is absurd. Because the people want elections in mid-summer? Absurd. Because it is good for BSP? Absurd. Holding elections in July is the fastest road to hell both for the country and for BSP. And we are all guilty for allowing this," Kadiev said.
- » Case against MP Mareshki and His Team Will Not Be Over Soon, Prosecution Says
- » 23% Support for GERB and United Patriots Coalition Government
- » NSI: Poverty Line for Bulgaria Was BGN 308.17 in 2016
- » Trade Union in Interior Ministry to Consider Protests Against Low Wages
- » Trial of Burgas Airport Terrorist Attack Fails to Start for 5th Time
- » 6 from Judges’ Quota Elected for Bulgaria’s Next Supreme Judicial Council