Bulgarian Lawmakers Reject No-Confidence Motion Against Govt
MPs have narrowly turned down the fifth motion against Bulgaria's socialist-led government.
The cabinet has survived by a majority of only five, with 109 to 114 and only one abstaining.
The latest motion was put forward by opposition GERB, citing fiscal policies as a reason.
In a statement immediately following the vote, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski described GERB's move as inadequate, saying that it was the former government's mistakes in the financial sphere that forced the current government to embark on a number of loans, a step which the opposition has pointed as one of its main motives.
Lawmakers are also due to discuss the recent controversies around South Stream and a proposal for a referendum on voting rules.
- » 63% of Bulgarians Approve Government's Willingness to Build Belene NPP
- » Sofia Municipality has Terminated an Order for BGN 40 Million for a Priority Project
- » Guaranteed Мinimum Income will Rise to BGN 75 From January 1, 2018
- » 5400 Positions in the Bulgarian Army are Vacant
- » More than 208 000 Unemployed People have Started Work From January to October
- » MPs will Again Discuss the Budget Law of the National Health Insurance Fund For 2018
BRAVO Parliament the elected Government beats another stupid GERB no confidence motion.
GERB do nothing except put forward these stupid motions.
Their pay should be stopped because they are lazy, stupid and incompotent.
Another Great Day for The Socialists, The Nationalists and The Turks - a real Rainbow Governnment