'Bulgarian Louvre' Project To Open For Visitors in Autumn
The renovation and construction works of three of the four wings of Bulgaria's National Museum Complex, known as the 'Bulgarian Louvre' are complete.
The Sofia-located Complex will be open for visitors in the autumn, and will host exhibits from the collections of Bulgaria's National Art Gallery and the Gallery for Foreign Art, BTV informs.
The 'Bulgarian Louvre' project cost is estimated at BGN 27 M, including EU funding under the Regional Development Operational Program and state funding.
Another BGN 4M has been allocated to the south wing of the complex which is yet to be renovated, and will cost another BGN 12M to complete.
The new museum complex is meant to function as a national cultural center set up to collect, preserve, and exhibit Bulgarian artworks.
The 'Bulgarian Louvre' is also expected to turn into a prestigious platform for international exhibitions.
- » Bulgarian Movie Viktoria Released in the US
- » Preview of Game of Thrones Episode Featuring Zahari Baharov Now Released
- » Rudimental, Ella Eyre to Perform for Sofia Music Fans
- » Bulgaria's New Gallery Square 500 Opening Thursday
- » Hip Hop, Neo Soul Diva Lauryn Hill to Perform in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress