'Bulgarian Louvre' Project To Open For Visitors in Autumn
The renovation and construction works of three of the four wings of Bulgaria's National Museum Complex, known as the 'Bulgarian Louvre' are complete.
The Sofia-located Complex will be open for visitors in the autumn, and will host exhibits from the collections of Bulgaria's National Art Gallery and the Gallery for Foreign Art, BTV informs.
The 'Bulgarian Louvre' project cost is estimated at BGN 27 M, including EU funding under the Regional Development Operational Program and state funding.
Another BGN 4M has been allocated to the south wing of the complex which is yet to be renovated, and will cost another BGN 12M to complete.
The new museum complex is meant to function as a national cultural center set up to collect, preserve, and exhibit Bulgarian artworks.
The 'Bulgarian Louvre' is also expected to turn into a prestigious platform for international exhibitions.
- » 13-th Tattoo Fest Sofia To Take Place In October
- » Rodin Exhibition in Sofia Extended by Two Weeks
- » Swedish Director Roy Andersson Scoops Best Film Award at Venice Festival
- » 10-th Night Of The Museums To Take Place In Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Be European Capital of Culture in 2019
- » 'Bulgarian Rhapsody' Enters Oscars 2014 Foreign Language Film Contest