'Bulgarian Louvre' Project To Open For Visitors in Autumn
The renovation and construction works of three of the four wings of Bulgaria's National Museum Complex, known as the 'Bulgarian Louvre' are complete.
The Sofia-located Complex will be open for visitors in the autumn, and will host exhibits from the collections of Bulgaria's National Art Gallery and the Gallery for Foreign Art, BTV informs.
The 'Bulgarian Louvre' project cost is estimated at BGN 27 M, including EU funding under the Regional Development Operational Program and state funding.
Another BGN 4M has been allocated to the south wing of the complex which is yet to be renovated, and will cost another BGN 12M to complete.
The new museum complex is meant to function as a national cultural center set up to collect, preserve, and exhibit Bulgarian artworks.
The 'Bulgarian Louvre' is also expected to turn into a prestigious platform for international exhibitions.
- » Queen's Legendary Guitarist Brian May to Perform in Bulgaria in March 2016
- » 'I Lived 152 Lives,' Claudia Cardinale Says in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Bulgarian Trumpeter Mihail Yossifov to Join Pink Martini at Sofia Concert
- » Bulgaria's Golden Rose Festival Starts Official Program
- » Twice Upon a Time in the West: Cardinale's First-Ever Role as Self
- » Wooden Sculptures Attract the Attention of the Tourists in the Open-Air Museum “Etar”