BGN 20 Banknotes Most Commonly Counterfeited In Bulgaria
The BGN 20 bill is the most frequently counterfeited in Bulgaria, followed by BGN 10 and BGN 50 banknotes.
More than 2,000 fake bills have been seized since the beginning of the year, an employee of Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS) told BTV.
There are counterfeit BGN 100 bills too, however they are not that common. People usually do not spot fake money when they are in a lower denomination, the expert explained, adding that it is almost impossible to detect fake banknotes when placed in a roll of cash.
The most frequently counterfeited coins are those of BGN 0.50.
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended
- » Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence
- » Controversial Bulgarian Judge Dismissed