BGN 20 Banknotes Most Commonly Counterfeited In Bulgaria
The BGN 20 bill is the most frequently counterfeited in Bulgaria, followed by BGN 10 and BGN 50 banknotes.
More than 2,000 fake bills have been seized since the beginning of the year, an employee of Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS) told BTV.
There are counterfeit BGN 100 bills too, however they are not that common. People usually do not spot fake money when they are in a lower denomination, the expert explained, adding that it is almost impossible to detect fake banknotes when placed in a roll of cash.
The most frequently counterfeited coins are those of BGN 0.50.
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year
- » 120 Syrian Refugees Arrested upon Entering Sofia
- » Bulgaria Police Launch Manhunt for Killers of Road Repairs Employee
- » 20 Arrested in Anti-Roma Protest in Sofia’s Orlandovtsi
- » Bulgarian Customs Officials Prevent Smuggling of Ancient Coin Treasure