Oresharski 'to Tell Truth about South Stream' Friday - Deputy PM
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski is to reveal Friday in Parliament the truth about the South Stream project, his deputy Daniela Bobeva announced.
"You have to be sure it will become clear to anybody, because now everyone is making statements on the issue of South Stream. That is enough. The Prime Minister will tell everything on Friday," Bobeva was quoted by public broadcaster BNR after Wednesday's discussions on the fifth no-confidence motion tabled against Oresharski's government.
The Prime Minister himself attended the debates, but left well before they had finished and did not comment on the ongoing developments.
Bobeva cast doubt on the prospect of a snap cabinet resignation within days, announcing that a ministerial meeting had been scheduled for next week.
She added the government would perform its duties until another one was elected.
Bulgaria has been expecting that a date for early elections be set since a statement of the co-ruling Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) showed a rift with its partners from the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
The latest events also came amid concerns expressed by the EU Commission at the Bulgarian stretch of the South Stream project, with Brussels demanding that it be frozen for non-compliance with EU norms.
Despite the BSP's stance that the pipeline is to be constructed and activities around it will go ahead as usual, Oresharski surprisingly declared Sunday, after talks with three US senators, that Sofia will heed the Commission's calls.
- » Bulgaria Can Use South Stream Project Co.’s Assets in Planned Gas Hub - Energy Minister
- » Russian Black Sea Pipeline Options 'Shouldn't Be Forgotten' - BulgarianDeputy PM
- » South Stream Bulgaria 'Keeps Spending Millions' Despite Project's Demise
- » TAP 'to Supply Gas to Central, SE Europe' via Bulgaria-Greece Link
- » Bulgaria’s Anti-Trust Body Accuses CEZ Unit of Abuse of Dominant Market Position
- » Bulgaria’s Kozloduy Nuclear Plant Reconnects Unit 5 to Grid after Maintenance