Ukraine Rejects Russia's Gas Discount
Russia has proposed a discount of USD 100 per 1,000 cubic meters of gas to Ukraine, but Kiev has said it will reject the offer.
Ukraine does not agree with the new prices set by Russia, which were initially at USD 485, overwriting an agreement signed in 2009, for USD 268. The energy giant Gazprom has also requested that Ukraine pre-pays its gas imports starting June and clear the accumulated debts.
"The Russians have proposed to give a USD 100 discount on the gas price . We are aware that the reduction is established by the decision of the Russian government, and the government can withdraw this decision", PM Arseniy Yatsenyuk said, adding that Ukraine is ready to pay all its debts at market prices.
Talks between Russian and Ukrainian representatives for a solution to the gas dilemma are continuing on Wednesday.
- » Lukoil Bulgaria Threatens to Sue Risk Management Lab over Damaging Allegations
- » Launch of Power Exchange Will Not Lead to 30-40% Price Spike – Watchdog Chair
- » OMV Interested in Using Bulgarian Pipes to Transport Romanian Gas
- » Macedonia Will Only Join Turkish Stream amid Agreement between Russia, EU on it - Gruevski
- » Lukoil 'Manipulating Bulgaria Oil, Diesel Fuel Prices' - ex-PM
- » Final Agreement on Bulgaria-Greece Gas Interconnector 'Delayed by Technicalities'