Ukraine Rejects Russia's Gas Discount
Russia has proposed a discount of USD 100 per 1,000 cubic meters of gas to Ukraine, but Kiev has said it will reject the offer.
Ukraine does not agree with the new prices set by Russia, which were initially at USD 485, overwriting an agreement signed in 2009, for USD 268. The energy giant Gazprom has also requested that Ukraine pre-pays its gas imports starting June and clear the accumulated debts.
"The Russians have proposed to give a USD 100 discount on the gas price . We are aware that the reduction is established by the decision of the Russian government, and the government can withdraw this decision", PM Arseniy Yatsenyuk said, adding that Ukraine is ready to pay all its debts at market prices.
Talks between Russian and Ukrainian representatives for a solution to the gas dilemma are continuing on Wednesday.
- » Bulgargaz CEO Anticipates 13% Gas Price Decrease from April, 10% Decrease from July
- » Bulgarian Project Company for Oil Pipeline Burgas-Alexandroupolis Welcomes New CEO
- » Bulgarian Energy Ministry to Review Westinghouse Contract
- » Bulgaria Coalition Partners to Back Ivan Ivanov as Energy Committee Head
- » EU Commission Accuses Bulgarian Energy Holding of Gas Market Abuse
- » Dismantling of Bulgarian NPP Kozloduy's Smaller Units Starts