Sofia City Court Holds Fast Track Hearing of 'Fake Ballots' Case
Sofia City Court has decided to launch a fast track hearing of the notorious case of the illegal Kostinbrod ballots discovered ahead of the 2013 early general elections, Wednesday.
The former Council of Ministries Chief Secretary, Rosen Zhelyazkov has been charged with abuse of office. According to the prosecution, Zhelyazkov failed to exercise proper control over the printing house "Multiprint" in order to provide benefits for its owner. 480,000 ballots above the contracted ones were found in the printing house in the wake of the elections. Of these, 351,075 ballots were found fit to be used outside the quantities stipulated in the contract.
The Court has upheld the case twice already over procedural breaches.The case was returned to the prosecuting authority so that the serious flaws in the indictment against Zhelyazkov could be removed.
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody
- » Bulgaria's IntMin 'Has No Info' on Int'l People Smuggling Ring Busted by Turkey