Maya Manolova: Elections Soon, But Not July
Bulgaria's Deputy Parliament Speaker Maya Manolova reaffirmed that the early elections should be as soon as possible, but July would not be a reasonable option.
"The elections should take place as soon as possible. Technically though, they cannot be in July. It is not Stanishev, but the President who has to appoint the date", Manolova said, quoted by Standartnews.
On Tuesday, the leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), Sergey Stanishev, claimed that the best option would be to hold elections in July, so the new government can start working on the state budget and other urgent matters.
"We will go into these elections with confidence, because the cabinet of PM Plamen Oresharski achieved a big part of the things it had promised", Manolova added.
Meanwhile, it was revealed that during Tuesday's plenum of BSP, the deputy head of the party's parliamentary group Kornelia Ninova and MP Georgi Kadiev had deposited their resignations.
- » Kosovo President Receives Bulgaria's Ambassador for Farewell Visit
- » Bulgaria Asked to Give EUR 7 M More for EU's 2015 Budget
- » Bulgaria Applies for Flood Damage Aid from EUSF
- » President Plevleniev: Bulgaria Can Meet EU's Renewables Target
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks