Maya Manolova: Elections Soon, But Not July
Bulgaria's Deputy Parliament Speaker Maya Manolova reaffirmed that the early elections should be as soon as possible, but July would not be a reasonable option.
"The elections should take place as soon as possible. Technically though, they cannot be in July. It is not Stanishev, but the President who has to appoint the date", Manolova said, quoted by Standartnews.
On Tuesday, the leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), Sergey Stanishev, claimed that the best option would be to hold elections in July, so the new government can start working on the state budget and other urgent matters.
"We will go into these elections with confidence, because the cabinet of PM Plamen Oresharski achieved a big part of the things it had promised", Manolova added.
Meanwhile, it was revealed that during Tuesday's plenum of BSP, the deputy head of the party's parliamentary group Kornelia Ninova and MP Georgi Kadiev had deposited their resignations.
- » Bulgaria's ABV Accepts Resignation of Leader Georgi Parvanov
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt Amendments to Defence Act at First Reading
- » Bulgaria to Seek Funding under Juncker Plan for Stara Zagora Airport Upgrade
- » MiGs Repair 'Too Expensive' - Bulgaria DefMin
- » Bulgaria Attractive for Foreign Investors, German FM Steinmeier Says
- » IHS Jane: Pakistan Jet Fighters Deal 'Politically Difficult' for Bulgaria