EC To Stop Transport and Competitiveness Funds for Bulgaria?
The European Commission (EC) is en route to stopping two more programme funds for Bulgaria – for transport and competitiveness, said Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
“This is a catastrophe for the country in its hardest moments,” Plevneliev said, quoted by Mediapool.bg.
According to the BTA wire service, Plevneliev said he got the information from his own sources in the EC.
"I learn from the EC, that the transport and competitiveness funds will also be stopped," Plevneliev said in his statement on the calling of the Consultative Council for National Security next Tuesday.
Recently the EC suspended the payments on the regional development and environment programmes.
- » Council of Europe anti-torture Committee Head Condemns Bulgaria’s Failure to Report Police Brutality Cases
- » EU to Allocate EUR 25 M to Bulgaria, Turkey for Cross-Border Cooperation
- » EU Allocates EUR 6.3 M to Bulgaria for Recovery after Severe Winter
- » PM Borisov Highlights Bulgaria’s Contribution to EU Security in Talks with Mogherini
- » EU Foreign Policy Chief Mogherini To Meet with Bulgaria’s PM, President in Sofia
- » 8 Projects of 6 EU Countries among First Batch to Get Funding under ‘Juncker Plan’
Politicians and government institutions and departments must learn that you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. Bulgaria is now finding that the EU cannot be fooled and they are beginning to wake up to the dodgy handling of the communities funds and they are acting. Bulgaria is a lucky recipient of these funds that are allocated from the wages of other EU hard working people to better the lives of Bulgarians not to be wasted or skimmed off by politicians and officials.