EC To Stop Transport and Competitiveness Funds for Bulgaria?
The European Commission (EC) is en route to stopping two more programme funds for Bulgaria – for transport and competitiveness, said Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
“This is a catastrophe for the country in its hardest moments,” Plevneliev said, quoted by Mediapool.bg.
According to the BTA wire service, Plevneliev said he got the information from his own sources in the EC.
"I learn from the EC, that the transport and competitiveness funds will also be stopped," Plevneliev said in his statement on the calling of the Consultative Council for National Security next Tuesday.
Recently the EC suspended the payments on the regional development and environment programmes.
- » Bulgaria, Turkey PMs Urge Common European Approach to Migration Crisis
- » Bulgaria to Expand Harmanli Refugee Centre
- » Bulgaria Discussing Balkans Border Security with Germany
- » Interest in Bulgarian Citizenship Rises among Britons after Brexit
- » Bulgarian EU Presidency to Cost Estimated EUR 75 M
- » EC VP Kristalina Georgieva Denies Media Speculation of Being's GERB's Pick for President of Bulgaria
Politicians and government institutions and departments must learn that you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. Bulgaria is now finding that the EU cannot be fooled and they are beginning to wake up to the dodgy handling of the communities funds and they are acting. Bulgaria is a lucky recipient of these funds that are allocated from the wages of other EU hard working people to better the lives of Bulgarians not to be wasted or skimmed off by politicians and officials.